“Cowboy Pork Chop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Cowboy Pork Chop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've been to the Boiling Springs Tavern numerous times and the food and service have been consistenly excellent. I've tried a couple things but the Cowboy Pork Chop is soooo good I just can't order anything else now. It is not cooked well done which may scare some folks but it is so tasty and so juicy. It comes nicely complemented with mashed pototatoes and veggies. It all just goes together so well. My wife finds the walleye just marvelous but it's not always available. Service is always excellent, as are the desserts, and the wine list. Always a special dinner.

85% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I don't understand all the great reviews for this place. Ate there this weekend traveling through with husband and son - they both had the special (trout) and I had the Med Scallops. My scallops were poached, served over what might have been instant rice, in some sort of white sauce, with the kind of veggies you get out of a bag in the freezer section - terribly bland to look at and to eat. The trout came wrapped in bacon, which might have been the best part, and came with overcooked asparagus. We all had salads, which were made with the palest lettuce imaginable, unripe tomatoes, and not much else. No effort was made for anything to look pretty, and it was all very tasteless and mushy. My husband commented that it had been a long time since he had actually felt ill after a meal. We eat out a lot, living in DC, and I know what a good meal tastes like, and what a good restaurant looks like. I don't give many bad reviews, but this place was expensive, outdated, bland, and not trying very hard. The only positive is that the staff was friendly. I do NOT recommend it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very Nice Quaint Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Some good friends of ours took us to this restaurant. It was a real treat. My wife wanted the seafood pasta, but did not want the Salmon. The waitress promptly told her that she could substitute the grouper. The grouper was superb. I had the Mediterranean Scallops, and is was delicious. The service was a little slow, but it was Saturday night and the restaurant was quite busy. The location of this restaurant is very charming, as there is a stream that feeds into a lake by the boiling springs. The place kind of reminded me of some of the taverns I had visited in Wisconson.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Our favorite vacation restaurant and now our favorite home town restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

For 17 years we would drive to Carlisle to visit my sister and the Tavern was our first restaurant to go to after our arrival. And sometimes we would squeeze it in one more time before we left to go home to Mississippi. Five years ago, we moved to Boiling Springs and can walk to our Tavern. The food is delectable. We have never had bad service and now choose our favorite Server, Jake. He is extremely attentive and knows exactly when your appetizers, entrée, deserts and coffee should come out. We have never been taken care of like we have with Jake. Try it once and you will be hooked on the food, the ambiance and the meticulous care you receive. The General Manager, Kevin always visits along with the owner, Jeff.

Southcentral Pennsylvania
“"Always excellent .. going again tonight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went to our favorite, Boiling Springs Tavern, last Saturday night, and we're going back tonight. It's just SO good. Last week I missed the seafood bisque, but I'm having it tonight instead of the cherrystone clams I had last time (they were also wonderful). Seriously, this is the best restaurant going in our neck of the woods! The crab cakes are my favorite, but my hubby had the salmon special last time and it was great, too. The friends with us had filets, and they were also delicious. Don't miss this place!

• Visited September 2013