To travel is to go from one place to another, to experience a change, to engage in a journey. Allenberry is all these things and so much more. I first fell in love with this place nearly two years ago when a friend recommended it to me as an off the path reminder of a "Dirty Dancing" (the movie) type resort. I could not agree more: the beautiful grounds, farm house structures and poolside cocktails on a warm summer night can't be beat. It's a family owned business that treats you like family, feeding you their famous sticky buns or ringing the curtain bell for the opening night show at the Allenberry playhouse. This place is one of a kind.
If I wanted to stay at a Westin for its carbon copy food and atmosphere, I would stay at a Westin. That's not what Allenberry is about and I'm thankful for it. For food, the Allenberry Club is off the hook, fantastic basement bar with a rich history of theater stories and fly fishing tales. The mansion house rooms and cottages are super nice, and the meadow lodge a great place to save a buck on a bunk.
So, the next time you travel, take the very word to heart: take a journey, engage in a change and go to Allenberry. See you there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renew your spirit. Nestled on a 57 acre country estate, the Allenberry Playhouse opened in the summer of 1949 and has become a leading attraction and activity at Allenberry Resort. Year 'round professional theatre features musicals, comedy, Christmas show and the country's longest running Murder Mystery Weekends.Theatre runs from March through December. Murder Mystery weekends are available from October through April. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Allenberry Resort Inn And Playhouse Hotel Boiling Springs
- Allenberry Resort Boiling Springs
- Allenberry Hotel Boiling Springs