“Gourmet surprise” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Bell
princeton, nj
“Gourmet surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel in itself is nothing to rave about- convenient location for the business traveller with all the standard amenities and comfort. The surprise was the Farmers' Daughter restaurant- an unexpected gourmet experience (had breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the stay) in a well appointed setting with a cosmopolitan city feel and fancy cuisine. Well done.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed dining at Farmer's Daughter, our award winning restaurant. We pride ourselves on local, fresh ingredients with menus that change seasonally. Please come back and dine with us again, we look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Arrived on a Friday afternoon for a wedding reception. Reserved a room months before for 4, but when we got to the room, it was a king room, so we had to drag our things out of the room and return to the desk. Luckily, they had a room available with two double beds as requested. There was also a problem with another room in our wedding block being reserved to my credit card. I was glad when everything was straightened out. The room was standard. No refrigerator nor microwave. Lobby was warm and inviting. We spent some time in the bar and it was decent. We had a cocktail hour before the reception and food and drinks offered were good. The dinner meal was standard and I thought the room where the reception was held was perfect. On Saturday mornings they have a continental breakfast and they had cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. They had some really good cookies and pastries that I would recommend. I don't believe they have this on Sunday mornings. There is a pool, which we did not use. The grounds around the hotel are very nice and I wish I would have had more time to explore. I thought the room was pricey considering we got a discount for the group rate, but I do not know the area and what other places go for. I would recommend this place for a wedding.

Room Tip: There is a long hike from elevator to the end of the hall. I would have preferred a room closer to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wedding weekend experience with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you have time to come back and visit us soon to explore more of the great amenities here and at Blue Bell Country Club, our sister property across the street.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

room was fine booked it on expedia because it was alot cheaper that way it came with a breakfast
only during the week the bar was ok but the dj played the music so loud could not talk to oneanother the staff were nice room clean they did have a safe and free parking there was a
wedding there looked nice but would I stay there again maybe not it was close to my friend that
was the main reason for staying there

Room Tip: we just got the standard room but they have suites too but did not see them it was also pretty quie...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa W, Director of Sales at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy that we were the perfect location while visiting your friend. We hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were visiting Villanova and then Drexel in the city. Admittedly, it's not around the corner from either of these universities, but the money we saved for a short drive in a very ice hotel was worth it! I guess [location] is all a matter of preference because we were quite far from downtown Philly, but the hotel was really nice, clean, and affordable. That last one is a big deal for us along with CLEAN! One reviewer mentioned that it was difficult to find at night. Here's the facts: it is on the corner surrounded by a mission-style white, solid concrete/stucco fence. Did I say WHITE. It had huge X-mas style lights draped on it and lit at night. At the very corner, the intersection of the two streets it sits on, the name of the hotel is attached and lit with flood lights. Inside the fence are multiple buildings in addition to the hotel itself. At night, they are lit with white lights that outline their silhouettes. I don't mean any disrespect, but I do not understand how the place could be missed!
The staff was friendly, the amenities and cleanliness met [even] my fussy standards. If my son attends Villanova, I'm sure we'll stay here quite a bit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when visiting our area to tour Villanova and Drexel. We hope that you will return to visit us again and give us the opportunity to be of service.
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Quick trip for business and well worth the money, book through a sire call hotel club (u know the rest) to save approx. 50% Complimentary buffet hot breakfast, well appointed room, clean, high end finishes, safe area, ample parking, wish I could have stayed longer. Better stay than a typical hotel.

Room Tip: All good, maybe choose room closer to your car, the place is spread out.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to be of service to you again soon.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Room was clean, and pleasant, service was great. The food at the restaurant in my opinion was average.

My only complaint is from the restaurant, i was alone, and wanted to sit at the bar for dinner.. but the menu they gave you at the bar is not the same as the restaurant, so i couldn't really get an entire meal.

Other than that, everything was just fine, Thank you !

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that our server did not offer you a dinner menu, as we most definitely would have accommodated your request, providing you with one of our exquisite dinner menus. We hope that when visiting the area again you will give us a chance to be of service so you can thoroughly enjoy our award winning culinary experience.
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the proximity of a meeting I had just outside Philadelphia. If you use phone navigation to get around Philly, do yourself a favor and change the settings to avoid highways! Not only is it beautiful on the backroads but it's so much faster. As for this hotel, it was mediocre. I reserved a king room and was given 2 doubles upon check in, not a big deal. What was a big deal was the god awful smell in my room, a mix of perspiration and mold/mildew. I called the front desk and she told me they were sold out for the night...it was approximately 7:00pm. I said I'm pretty sure that not everyone had checked in for the night and there was no way I was staying in that room. She said she would call me back. She did, and after verifying I hadn't touched anything in my room she moved me. She was not very nice at all, no apology. The new room was on a higher floor and didn't smell so bad. I ordered room service, filet mignon and dessert. They forgot to give me a steak knife but were quick to bring me one. Steak was fatty, can't say I've ever had a fatty filet before. I cut into my chocolate dessert and was rewarded with a long white hair cooked into the crust. I almost threw up, called room service to ask them if they could remove it from my bill and they did. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was non existent really. You offer bagels and bread with no toaster??? I chose to hit Dunkin Donuts right up the road. The grounds looked beautiful but I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered during the check in process. If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to any member of our team as we would appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you and to have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Been to Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!