“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Bell
Cape Coral, Florida
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending an on-site wedding. The front desk staff greeted us professionally upon our arrival. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. Wifi worked fine. The lobby area was comfortable and inviting, especially the sitting/reading room just off the lobby. The wedding was handled perfectly with a friendly and attentive wait staff. Our only issue was with housekeeping. On our second day we both left the room before 9 AM and put out the "request cleaning" door handle card. Upon returning at approximately 3 PM the room had still not been cleaned. We were able to locate a cleaning person but they had trouble understanding English and consequently didn't know what we wanted. We were able to get some clean towels and then called the main desk. We advised them of the situation and the fact that we would need the room without being disturbed for about another hour and a half as we had to shower and change for the wedding. Someone showed up almost immediately to clean but we had to ask them to come back since we were preparing for the wedding. When we returned to the room about midnight it had been cleaned but there was still coffee and coffee grinds left in the coffee machine. Little things like that shouldn't happen. Overall it was a pleasant stay. Too bad the housekeeping issue prevented the stay from being perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend for a wedding and it was so nice. I stayed in the suites. It was like a little home. It had a king size bed with a large flat screen TV. It even had a fire place which is not what I'm use to but overall the stay was very nice and welcoming and everybody there was friendly and I would definitely go back there again next time I visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Salisbury, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a business meeting and it met all of our needs and is clearly best used for weddings or large events. The rooms were adequate, clean but nothing special. The bed was very comfortable and the room included a desk area but I had trouble accessing wireless wifi. I had to request a hard line to finally get on. I was disappointed that there was no mini fridge.

The conference facilities and service staff were very nice. They have an onsite restaurant which we didn't use, but their catered meals were very good.

• Stayed September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

It's a bit of a schlep from either 30th Street (AMTRAK) Station or the Phila. airport but not horrible depending on the time of day.

The staff is wonderful and tho' I was only there one night and a little of one day, I was able to experience the guest room, in-room dining, and the meeting room.

The welcoming experience is very good. Staff is helpful and nice - not the "overly nice/overly sweet" helpful .. simply helpful.

The guest room was comfortable - nothing outstanding and it does have an in-room air conditioner so that was a bit noisy unless you set it to be on so the noise would be steady. The room size was fine for one person and the desk was a good size and had good lighting over it. Wifi (included) worked well which made me cheerful!

I had room service the first night. The menu is limited. NOTE: the menu for room service is NOT in the room - it's on the restaurant card given to you at check-in so be sure to notice.

If you love (I do!) Brussels sprouts and they have them, get them! I had the crab cake appetizer and the nicely grilled sprouts for dinner and both were excellent. The crab cakes (2 in an order) had good crab and little if any filler. I did have an interesting-sounding dessert - corn cakes and blueberry ice cream - which was so-so. I'd not order it again.

The meeting room appears to be part of the old barn. I'd have liked it better for a wedding or other social event. It wasn't conducive to a meeting because it was a bit dark even w/ the lights on. (It was a rainy day but there were no windows.)

Would I return? Maybe. Would I book a meeting there? Maybe again .. I'd have to see more of the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We attended a weeding at this hotel and stayed one night. The room was well appointed with comfortable king size bed. Lovely bed linens and very clean bathroom. Surprisingly quiet considering the many young folks attending the wedding. Unfortunately they did not serve a breakfast on Sunday morning but a brunch which was way to much and too expensive. In addition to the coffee served in the business center, they should have had some muffins or sweet rolls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lymington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

could not fault the room quality or the cleanliness, hotel based on the location, in which you need transport to get to anywhere else, and the dreadful and always late breakfast, I would give this place a miss. Unless you are there for business, i.e. tucked away, then avoid. It is over priced and trying to obtain a lift with the complementary hotel shuttle bus is a challenge.
the only option in the evening is to use the hotel restaurant / bar.....which is also over priced. However I have to say that the staff were generally very good and friendly.

Room Tip: away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

What a great property. Old farm house, very cool. Best sleep I have had in a hotel in a long time and I travel often. The front desk was very warm and make you feel at home with suggestions from the minute ou arrive. The room rate was super affordable and I had dinner at the restaurant on site THE FARMERS DAUGHTER .... What a treat. Salmon cooked perfectly and the roasted Brussels sprouts were Devine. I will be back if I'm in the area again. Great experience and a nice change from the flag properties.

Stayed August 2012

Been to Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!