“Great Dining Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Great Dining Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stopped in Balzano's after attending a play at the Bloomsburg Theater. We were really impressed with the atmosphere.

As soon as we were seated our waiter handed us the menus and he took our drink order. He gave us plenty of time to look over the menu which included a nice variety of food. The prices were average. I ordered the vegetable Stromboli which I thought was great, along with a great caeser side salad.

The owner made her rounds to the tables and greeted everyone. She really made us feel at home.

This was an hour away from our home and we are happy to have discovered it. Definitely a return trip for us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Can't understand all of the negative reviews?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We frequently go to Balzano's and they have excellent food. People are complaining about the wait time, but what do you expect when food is FRESHLY prepared and NOT frozen! This is hands down the best restaurant in Bloomsburg. Their sauce and meatballs are amazing, but I have never had something here I didn't love. Great pizza and carry out for those of you that can't sit down and relax for dinner, isn't that what it's all about people? Slow down and enjoy life and excellent food!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Webster, New York
“Gotta Have More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

For my birthday my wife wanted to take me out to dinner, we were driving through Bloomsburg PA on a Sunday afternoon when we seen Balzano's and it was open. we camein and was warmly greated by a nice young lady who was our server.

She made a few recomendations and we setteled with Mr B's Red Sauce....oh WOW that was awesome. I normally won't eat any red sauce in a restaurant but when she told us about it I thought I would give in and try it. I am so glad I did, before we left we also bought 2 quarts to take home.

I can not wait to go back. and that I will.

Go ahead, the place is clean, and GREAT food.

Thank You Balzano's, my I tip my hat to you for a job well done.

Visited October 2013
Orangeville, Pennsylvania
“good food, terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've been to Balzano's many times. I really want to like the place, but they make it difficult. The food is pretty decent, but nothing to get super excited about. The decor is pleasant, in a downtown building with vintage charm (tin ceiling, wooden floors, etc.). The prices are average. The big problem with Balzano's is the service. It is persistently terrible. I don't blame the staff on hand, who seem to be working hard. I think they are just chronically understaffed. My GF and I went there today, a Tuesday, for lunch and it took 45 minutes to get a pair of sandwiches. There's just no excuse for that. And that's fairly typical. Here's the smart thing to do: call ahead and order their veggie white pizza, which is delicious. Then you can sit and have a nice meal. Otherwise you'll be irritated with the wait.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hellertown, PA
“Food was ok, Service - not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my second time at this restaurant and both times have been unhappy with the service. We were there for lunch and the food was average at best. Same as our last visit, it took forever to get our food. Not sure why the kitchen is so slow. Last time we almost left because it took so long. Not sure why I thought things would be different this time around.

• Visited June 2013