“Only stayed overnight. Wish it had been longer. Great choice.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
North Canton, Ohio
“Only stayed overnight. Wish it had been longer. Great choice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This property displays all of the good things about Comfort Suites hotels. As others have noted, getting it to it can be a challenge, but this serves to make the property more quiet. The service at the front desk checking in and out, and the service for breakfast, all were great. They do have a lounge serving food and limited room service, although I did not take advantage of that. The room and housekeeping were as good as can be expected, and that has been the case at most Comfort Suites where I have stayed.

The fitness center was in good condition. A little limited in variety, but more than adequate, and everything worked.

Breakfast was a good experience, and included some hot food including self-service waffles. The breakfast area doubles as the lounge in the evening and so is larger than normal for a hotel in this class. Kept extremely clean by very personable staff.

This hotel is worth going a little out of the way for. If you need to overnight within an hour or so of Bloomsburg along I-80, take advantage. If you do not want to take advantage of the restaurant and lounge here, there are a number of other good options.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Russellville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

When we arrived and walked into the spotless reception area. We were pleased at the surroundings - but when we opened the door to our room and saw how super nice this place was - I knew it was gonna be a good stay.

The king size bed - marble tops on the counters and super clean bathrooms, stainless steel refrigerator, flat screen TV and a sofa to sit on instead of laying on the bed to watch TV - it was ALL so nice. They even had the gel to wash dishes and paper towels to use.

The towels in the bathroom were fluffy and white - We had a bathtub shower with jets in the tub - and a separate stand up shower. The counter tops in the bathroom were big enough to sit your bathroom bag on the counter!

The staff were all smiles and very friendly. From the desk crew to the house keeping. I would recommend this place to any one who visits in this area.

If I have to find something to complain about - it would be the laundry area only has one set of washer and dryers and it is at the END of the 2nd floor hallway - it was creepy to be way down on that end - in a small room. The area was again clean and nice to have to use.

Breakfast was MUCH better than we expected. It was bacon and eggs - fresh waffles with fruit.

ALL THUMBS are in the air!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We travelled to Bloomsburg to go to Knoebel's amusement park. We traveled in a large group 4 adults and 8 children ranging in ages 13-3. THe hotel was absolutely perfect. Completely clean. All of the staff was extremely helpful especially the night auditor Blake. He made sure we had everything we needed. He went above and beyond his job. Even made us a fresh pot of coffee after a long day at Knoebels. We go to Knoebels annually this was our first time at this hotel but it will definitely not be our last. The hotel is smoke free and is priced somewhat higher than most area motels. But well worth it

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. The hotel was full due to car show and kids softball - we had an some early risers that didn't seem to care about people sleeping. No lounge. Would have given an excellent on all but breakfast stopped too early on the weekend. And they didn't seem to be prepared for the number of people they had. They were out of eggs both mornings when we went down. Check out took a while too. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Aston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Very nice hotel.

Agree with other comments.

Close to Knoebels which is what we stayed here for. Nice area with Walmart and restaurants close by. Perkins, Ruby Tuesday's and Cracker Barrel.

The only thing I was disappointed in and would suggest is that the breakfast run until 10 am. as we have stayed at other hotels where the breakfast runs until 10 am.

The sleeper sofa is a one person sleeper.

Skippack
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel opened in May 2009 and is positioned as direct competition to the Holiday Inn Express which is nearby. For those not familiar with the area you may find it challenging to locate. Look for the Lowe's and Super Walmart Shopping Center (Buckhorn Plaza) and it is right next to the Lowe's. That will get you there.

Once you get there the first thing you will notice is the newness of the facility. This alone is a nice selling point. The rooms are very nicely appointed and with new mattresses and new everything, things are comfortable as a whole as one would expect with a new facility. We did get a call from front desk after we checked in to ask if the room was in order and if we needed anything. Nice touch and kudos to the staff. Also, this is a 100% non-smoking establishment which was also very welcome.

This is my second stay at the hotel. We stayed there on July 4-5. Now here are the negatives to my stay(s). This hotel continues to advertise that it has a host of amenities that it still does not offer its guests. Frankly, it is poor management to advertise amenities with a certain rate when they are not available. When you are deciding where to stay this is very important especially when you are travelling with small children. There is no bar/lounge. there is no gaming room and there are no DVD players//rentals (as of 8/9/09). There may be other things not available, but this is what I found out. The first time I stayed there they said the lounge would be open by the end of July. The second time I was told that it would be open by the end of August. I saw no indication that there was any sense of urgency to get it open. If this is a selling point to you I would call first but I doubt that it will be open in 2009 if at all. The lack of a gaming room and DVD player and DVD's could be a problem for families as well. Keep that in mind. There is one computer available for access for the entire hotel. Be prepared to wait as some teenager will hog it to play video games. (Since there is no gaming room and no gaming equipment rentals).

The indoor pool is very small and is not kid-friendly. There is no shallow portion at all to the pool. Tile was installed around the pool edge without any drainage so the floor gets wet and stays wet. It is incredibly slippery and dangerous. The pool water is advertised as heated but heating is minimal. It is not cold but quite chilly.

After our first stay I asked them to lower the temperature on their hot water heater. The water in the rooms heats up quickly and to a scalding temperature. If you have small children this a very dangerous situation. When I say scalding I mean a small child would get first or second degree burns from the hot water. On our second visit we see that our advice was unheeded. Again, this is a big deal if you have small children. The extreme hot water temperature is totally unnecessary for a hotel room and a danger to it guests not to mention a total waste of energy.

This is a 3 story building. Water pressure on the first floor is good. On the third floor it is adequate but not great. If you like a strong shower don't stay on the 3rd floor.

On our second visit, I was very surprised at the dirtiness of the hallways. It did not appear that the hallways had been vacuumed for days. My daughter and I walked to the ice machine on the third floor in our bare feet and came back with black feet. I then checked the first floor and saw similar conditions. Literally, you could see dirt and debris on the carpet on both floors. Did not check the second floor but I assume the same. For a new hotel, with new carpeting this is totally unacceptable. If t his hotel is not maintained better, I believe things will go downhill quickly here.

I am pointing out the negatives at this point because hotel management has not been responsive to these things and to the false advertising of amenities available. Too bad because the hotel does have some nice features and has a good location.

Westbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

My family and I just returned from a 2 night stay. We were traveling to spend the day at Knoebles amusement park and needed a place to stay. This hotel was perfect for us. The room was large enough to comfortably accommodate my entire family (3 children). The room had 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa. It was nice that all 5 of us could stay together without having to purchase an adjoining room. The rate was good, under $120 with a AAA discount.
The Hotel is located right off Route 80 so it is very easy to get to. It is also about 15 miles to the amusement park about a 15-20 minute drive. They offer a complementary buffet breakfast which included some hot items such as cheese omelets and waffles, which ran until 9 or a little thereafter. If you prefer to dine out or are a late riser there is a Cracker Barrel and a Perkins among others located across the street. There is also a large Wal-Mart right there in case you need to pick anything up.
The hotel is new, very clean and smoke free. The rooms have a large flat screen TV. The AC kept the room comfortable and was quiet. The beds and bedding were also quite comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower was strong. The hotel has a small indoor pool. It was also surprisingly quiet considering how may kids were there.
Finally the staff. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. I give them credit for putting up with all my questions. They helped me with everything from directions to info on area attractions to menus for the local restaurants. Everyone was very helpful and made our trip more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!