“Nice and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed for a weekend getaway with my children. The staff was friendly, rooms clean, pool heated and overall good location.close to stores and resturants. We enjoyed the bar and breakfast options. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Traveling from New Hampshire to Pittsburgh we stopped here for the night. Summer vacation in full swing and other hotels were booked. The price was a bit high for one night, however, the stay was pleasant. There was a wrestling tournament in the area and it was almost full there. They did have a few rooms left and the young man and young lady at the desk were helpful so we decided to stay rather than head down the road a few more miles.
Our stay was nice and it was quiet.
Rooms were modern and clean. The bed was comfortable. Clean bath and lots of towels.
Stores and restaurants close. We enjoyed a nice meal at the Ruby Tuesdays close by.

It was a welcome stop for a good nights rest.

Tulsa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We chose this hotel randomly while driving home from Boston to Oklahoma. It was obvious upon check-in that the hotel staff either didn't like their jobs or didn't like each other. Attitude toward each other, galore.

On the positive side, the property seemed safe, even though very close to the highway. Also, the surrounding area is beautiful to wake up to, with the mountains and trees. The breakfast, although quite crowded, was very adequate. Stand in line for awhile to make your own waffle.

The rooms were large enough to squeeze 6 or so people in, but the furnishings were shabby. The bathroom was NOT clean. I had to clean some of it myself.

In the morning, we had to wait 5 minutes at the desk to check out. The maintenance man told us the desk attendant was, "in the bathroom." TMI. When she emerged, she was carrying her hair straightener and brush.

Edinboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am hesitant to post such negative review, but after my experience and NO response from management, which proves either they don't care, or my experience was not out of the ordinary, OR BOTH, I must share this.

We were travelling across 80 and got in at 11pm just to sleep. Upon entering our room there was a strong smell of disinfectant or something. My first thought was, if they kept the room clean, why the need for such a strong smelling disinfectant? It was WAY to strong, like it was masking something. Got our kids to bed asap.

Shortly after, my wife found a handful of hairs in the shower, not ours. Upon further inspection, they were scattered across the bathroom, especially around the toilet. Even one on the wall near the light switch. When she got out of the shower, she yelled for me. There was a 2 inch long critter, the one with like a million legs, scampering across the floor. I met it in the entryway and picked it up off the carpet with some toilet paper. I also managed to pick up 2 more hairs at the same time, indicating that the hair problem was not only in the bathroom. I promptly took the critter down to the front desk and showed the clerk. She wasn't all that apologetic, and simply said I'll make a note in the "log". It was late, I wasn't in the mood to demand anything, so I went back to the room. On my visit to the shower, I was greeted by a spider on the wall. Not a huge deal, but just icing on the cake. Once I made it to bed, my wife and I found ourselves gravitating to the middle of the bed because it was so concave. Not comfortable to sleep on a slope.

The next morning, I wanted to make sure the clerk from last night made the note of what happened, so I checked with the morning clerk. I also wanted to see if they would take the opportunity to apologize, or even offer me something. She simply told me that it was logged. That was it. I even thought that perhaps a manager would call me to either discuss and/or apologize for our experience. It's now 6 days later with no call, so I am comfortable at this point to write this review as I feel I gave them ample time to at least pretend they care. Won't stay again. Wish I read the reviews on Tripadvisor, and not the ones on the Choice site where I booked it.

One last note. I have no idea if the pool is nice or not, because it doesn't open til 10, and checkout is at 11. So, unlike other hotels where the pool opens by 8 so the kids can enjoy a quick swim before hitting the road again, this hotel has obviously found that their patrons prefer to either not have the opportunity to enjoy the pool, or, get there at 10am when it opens for a 15 minute swim and then rush back to the room to pack up and check out by 11. Really? It's an unguarded pool....open it by 8!

Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed overnight with my two children--ages 12 and 15. They are at the age where I don't want to pay for two rooms, but none of us can share a bed. I thought this hotel was a great option for us. The price for this room was a little more than the average double, but we also also got the pull-out sofa, which is in all the rooms. The sofa bed itself was small and very thin (we just added a folded blanket as a mattress pad), but it was definitely better than paying for a second room or bringing an air mattress. The room and bathroom were clean, but I did see some fuzz and a small piece of plastic wrapper in one of the corners. It is easy to find and has stores and restaurants nearby. Breakfast had good choices, especially for kids. The staff was very professional and responsive. There were several laundry areas, so there was no shortage of open machines. Two complaints: The pool was very small for this size hotel. Also, the room was very dark. There was no direct lighting, so we had a hard time reading and writing. I agree that there are nicer options nearby, but we will probably return because of the room configuration, the cleanliness and the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were there the past two nights so that we could take our kids to Knoebles. The hotel was okay. We stayed there based on the total reviews that this hotel was better than others in the area. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I took the advice of another reviewer and got the mountain view side (as opposed to facing the parking lot). The breakfast was decent - waffles, eggs, cereal, muffins, fruit, and yogurt. I would definitely skip the coffee, though, as I found it to be very burned and bitter tasting (thankfully, a quarter of a mile down the road is a Panera Bread). As for the staff, they were average. They weren't rude but they weren't particularly friendly either (I guess that's what you get when there are limited choices in hotels).

Ultimately, I think I would have given this hotel a higher rating if the price was cheaper. We spent $149 for two queen beds, and considering the rural location and mediocre offerings, I found the price to be rather expensive. I picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor scores so maybe my expectations were higher.

Room Tip: Pick mountain view.