“A nice to place to say” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Toms River, NJ
“A nice to place to say”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family recently stayed at the hotel on a trip to Knoebels Amusement Park. It was easy to get to the park from the hotel. The breakfast was OK. The breakfast area may get very crowded. The room was nice for our needs. The only problem was that the shower curtain had mold on it. I have never seen this before in a hotel. However when I told the maid, the curtain was changed when we later returned to the room. There are stores and restaurants in the area which is convenient although we did not go shopping and ate our meals at the park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tammy H, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Bloomsburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Please accept my apologies that you had difficulties with your shower curtain and am pleased to hear that your immediately brought it to our attention so that we fix the situation in a timely fashion. As the breakfast are may become crowded at times we do offer a small break off room that we try to let guests know is available, it is located just off the regular area and seats additional 20 individuals. When staying with us again if you should encounter this problem and am unsure of the area in question please do hesitate to let us know show that we can show you personally. Also be sure to check out the indoor pool, fitness center and game room. It is our hope that enjoyed your time at Knoebels and as a reminder Knoebels is opened through October with Halloween Festivities and a very large 4 day Cover Bridge Festival that brings people in from all over, they offer a large Craft Fair (all items must be handmade in the United States, no factory reproductions or oversees items may be sold), in addition to the Halloween Festivities and Cover Bridge Tours. It is also a great time to see the beautiful PA Fall Folliage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Irvington, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife, my son and I stayed here for one night on a driving trip. While the hotel had potential and some good things going for it, it was easily the worst hotel we stayed in on the trip.

First the good: Free Internet (pretty fast, but a little hiccupy), free breakfast, a flat-screen television, a big refrigerator and microwave in the room, and the hotel is located just off the highway next to a big shopping center with a Panera and near other fast-foody type places and gas stations nearby.

But there was also a lot of bad: The hotel may have been renovated recently, but in many ways it's run down. Some is infrastructure. For example, there was a giant crack in the bathroom sink that was truly gross to look at (I was shocked they would allow a guest to stay in the room), and the moldings in the corner of the bathroom were coming up, leaving the corner areas dirty. The blanket was old, worn and discolored. The couch was old and worn.

Some of it is that there clearly is not enough staff to maintain a hotel of this size. The hallway carpets were stained and dirty (needing a good vacuuming). When we checked in, we found a straw on the floor of our room and food in the refrigerator (the room was otherwise fairly clean). Breakfast was a disaster: The offerings were typical of a hotel breakfast (eggs, sausage, bagels, bread, pastries, sugar cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, apple/orange juice, coffee/tea, oranges, apples and the seemingly obligatory make-your-own-waffle setup), but the staff couldn't keep up. There weren't enough places to sit down, and stuff (milk, hot water, coffee, etc.) ran out but the one or two people on duty were too busy to refill anything. It was so chaotic, my wife abandoned the breakfast room and we got something for her at the Panera instead (I had gone down earlier and was able to grab the last seat, but she was not so lucky a half hour later).

Some staff members seemed young, inexperienced, eager, pleasant but overwhelmed. Others looked like they would rather be anywhere else, and I took the attitude to be from the fact that they were overextended.

Also, the room is technically a suite in that there is a bed and a love seat that pulls out into a bed, but it's not really a suite. It's more likely a kind of big single room. Not only is there no door between the sleeping and living area, there isn't even much of a demarcation at all, just a little mini wall that comes out a few feet from the wall next to the bed. A good indication of the size of the room is that there is only one TV, opposite the bed, and that's fine, because you could easily watch from the love seat.

The basic structure of the hotel is fine. It just needs some TLC and a bigger staff to maintain it.

But I doubt I'd stay in this hotel again in its current condition.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that we were unable to provide you with the adequate, clean accommodations that you were entitled to. I would like to request that you contact our Front Desk or Rooms Division manager if you have not already done so, as we would like to have the opportunity to discuss your comments more fully and would like to work with showing you that we respect your comments and needs and would like to work on a solution that would satisfy you, in regards to this stay. It is our hope that you consider staying with us again when in the area so that you can see first hand that we do care and listen to our guests.
paramus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We typically stay at this hotel during our yearly trip to Knoebel's Amusement Park. Our children love the indoor pool and we love the cleanliness of the hotel and friendly staff. The breakfast buffet is an added bonus as we are a family of 5. We would like to acknowledge the efforts of Gemma. She was in charge of the breakfast buffet. She did a wonderful job keeping everything stocked and did so with a smile and pleasant attitude under very busy conditions :) We look forward to staying here again next year!

Room Tip: We usually get a room with 2 queen beds and pull out couch - We don't usually request a special...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tammy H, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Bloomsburg, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It is great to hear that you again were able to experience the customer service that all the staff at the Comfort Suites, Bloomsburg, PA offer to all our guest everyday. I am pleased to hear that your family were able to enjoy our breakfast and found it to be an extra benefit to your family in terms of saving a little money during your trip. Your personal comments concerning staff will be share with them and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Rooms were newly renovated here, as is the breakfast area. We stayed here when we were going to Knoebels amusement park, and it is about 20 minutes away. The one thing I didn't like was that we showed up at 5:30 pm, and our room wasn't cleaned. They asked me to come back in a half hour. At that point we had been on the road for 8 hours, with 2 young kids so I was not impressed with this service. And the front desk staff said they were cleaning the room. The pool here is really small, cold and dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your recent stay. As the hotel was sold out and unfortunately we were a little short staff for the weekend, we fell short of meeting our check in time obligations. I do realize that this was a large inconvenience to you and that it is very exhausting traveling 8 hours and that young children need to unwind after such a trip and you usually just want to stretch out and freshen up. Please know that this does not represent our everyday customer service that we pride ourselves on. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area, and that you had a safe travel home.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We are a family of 4 and booked the King suite which was said to include a king size bed and a "pull-out couch". This type of arrangement has worked well for us in other hotel chains as the kids would sleep in the pullout couch together since they are still young. The big issue here is apparently at Comfort Suites a "pull-out couch" is essentially a "pull-out chair" and turns into a single bed not a double bed and so we did not have enough beds to accommodate our family!! When I called the front desk to explain the situation I was told there were no other rooms and was promptly hung up on...no offer of a portable cot or anything to address our needs. I think there needs to be some sort of explanation on your website that "pullout bed" is in fact a single bed and not the double bed that most people would believe it to be! Thankfully my children are still small and one can sleep in the king bed with my husband and I...if I booked this room and had older children someone would be sleeping on the floor!!! Very misleading and very disappointing but at least I know for next time...but honestly there probably won't be a next time! $200 a night for this cramped sleeping arrangement is definitely not worth it!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Please accept our apologies that you fell that our room descriptions are misleading, when booking rooms you will see that all our king rooms are listed as accommodating 3 persons. The customer service that you received is not a reflection of our everyday service, and again I apologize. Your comments will be directed to the Front Desk Manager so that this issue maybe addressed and all staff can be reminded of the need to provide the best quality service that we pride ourselves on. Our rooms with two queen beds would best meet your needs when staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk Manager directly when booking a room the next time so that we can best meet all your needs personally.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My stay of one night turned into two nights. My car had broken down on I80 westbound and I made the decision to replace it with a new Chevrolet Impala from Independence Chevrolet in Bloomsburg (also an excellent experience- the dealership, not the breakdown). Because I needed to extend my stay, I had to change rooms, and I left some small items in the room that I left. They were quickly recovered by the staff when I asked about them well after the fact. This hotel does a great job with friendly, capable staff that really do care about you. The room was very nice, breakfast was great with waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. but the people were even better. Special thanks to Elaine in Houskeeping. I will try to stop there on my next trip to NJ from Wisconsin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I am pleased to here that we were able to meet your expectations at a less then perfect time for you. All staff at the Comfort Suites in Bloomsburg, PA work hard at providing the most positive experience possible for all guests. Thank for your comments concerning our housekeeping department and staff, again that work hard to ensure that all guest belongings are treated as if they are their own. It is our hope that your new car is working well and that we will see you the next time you are traveling through the area.
Clay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed 1 night prior to a day at Knoebel's Amusement Park, arrived with confirmed reservations at 5:30 PM, 2 1/2 hours after advertised check-in time, and were told "It will just be a few minutes while we find a room that's cleaned". We were not held up at all, but one would expect ALL rooms to be ready at least close to 3:00. Were also disappointed that breakfast was only available until 9:00 AM during the week, which seemed unreasonable since the Inn was supposedly booked solid and it IS vacation time with plenty of travelers. We ended up having to find breakfast elsewhere. The room was quiet and comfortable, albeit, it looked like someone had laid down on the bed after it was made up. Strange. Located conveniently to shopping and dining in a beautiful area of PA. We've stayed at Comfort Suites locations before, and I'm sure we will again.

Room Tip: Our experience was this Inn is a very quiet location and any room should be OK.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy H, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Bloomsburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Please accept my apologies that we did not have a room immediately available upon check in. Please know that this is not common practice and that rooms are generally always ready by standard check in time. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Comfort Suites Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!