“Best Triple D place Ive been to so far” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 9 Restaurants in Blawnox
Cuisines: Polish
Harrisburg, PA
“Best Triple D place Ive been to so far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives so its not anything fancy. Matter of fact, its a local bar restaurant hang out. Decor isnt great, dont look up or down. Just enjoy the moment, the people, the Steelers and the FOOD! I will return here over and over. Went on a Friday night with family, it happened to be banjo or guitar night. Its hard to put in words but that was so cool. Any musician off the street who wants to come in and jam is welcome. It was great. For food, everything was great. Funny, my dad and sister raved about a simple salad, I guess the dressing was homemade. I had the stuffed banana peppers (peppers grown on site). They were great but very spicy. I then had the chicken parm which was huge. It was good, I always have my food made with extra garlic, I recommend that. Sister had turkey reuben and according to her, it was the best sandwhich ever. Dad had breaded shrimp, they were huge and there were tons of them. They both had handcut fries which I ate and loved. Recognize the place and charm for what it is, a local place with lots of pride, hard working people and you will like it. They are known for pierogies which we did not have but I heard others rave about them. Go Fridays, the music thing was a treat.

• Visited November 2012