“Clean, convenient, no frills.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
Chesapeake, VA
“Clean, convenient, no frills.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We picked this hotel because it allows pets. Unlike other pet friendly places we've stayed at, this hotel was very clean (our room, the common areas, and the grounds outside). Access to I-80 is extremely easy, and there are a number of casual restaurants (mostly bar/pub food) and a WaWa gas station (great variety in their convenience store) within 1-2 miles of the hotel. The only minor comments are that the room didn't have a refrigerator and the beds/linens were a little worn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I called the Best Western Inn at Blakeslee today to book a room for my sister’s upcoming wedding. The lady at the front desk was EXTREMELY rude! While in the middle of asking her a question, without saying anything, she put me on hold (which was simply putting the phone down) and answered other calls. I could hear her conversations with other people. After leaving me on "hold" for 5 minutes, she eventually picked up the phone again and finished taking my reservation. This lady had a HORRIBLE attitude during our entire conversation! Had it not been for the rest of the wedding party staying at this hotel, I would have surely sought out other options for my stay. If this is the type of person Best Western hires to represent them, than I can assure you I will seek out other hotel options in the future!

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Summit Hill, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

This was an unplanned stay because we were traveling home when we found out there was a problem at our house. We decided to stay here for the night. We were all very pleased. Friendly professional staff and a bright and cheerful atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Westfield, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I stayed at this Best Western on President's Day 2009 (night of Feb 16) with my wife and 3 boys (ages 9, 7, 4). I was torn on what number to rate this overall (3 or 4 circles) and settled on 3, but for very specific reasons that others may choose to discount.
We stayed in a non-smoking room with a king sized bed and a queen pull-out sofa.

The good points: The room was very clean, the shower had good water pressure (always something I value in a hotel!) and the wireless internet connection worked fine. The hotel is about a tenth of a mile north of Exit 284 on Route 80 West so you can't possibly miss it. And it's pretty close (about 5 miles) from the Big Boulder ski resort. We didn't use the pool, but the pool area looked nice, if a bit small.

When I was checking in I asked if we could have the one room for the 5 of us, and the friendly person making the reservation assured me this was fine - something I very much appreciated because many hotels do not permit any of their rooms to knowingly sleep 5. They asked if I wanted a cot in the room but I said I'd assess based on the room size and would bring a sleeping bag in case. The room was not cramped with the sofa bed opened, but we'd have been very cramped with a cot, so our youngest slept in a sleeping bag. The hotel happily provided an extra pillow. So that worked out fine.

The points that kept me from giving it a higher rating:
- Breakfast was a continental breakfast that was decent enough (4 or 5 cereals to choose from, bagels and white bread (with a toaster), cream cheese, jelly, butter, some donuts and danishes, tea, coffee, and an orange / apple / cranberry juice dispenser. The bagels and donuts were ok. When I was in the lobby early there was a bowl of fruit salad but when my family came down shortly before 9AM it was gone. The seating area was very small and while the hotel wasn't totally full (as I had reserved my room the same day we stayed there) there were enough guests eating around 9AM that there was some jockeying for position. It would have been nice in the absence of fruit salad if they offered some type of fruit - maybe bananas or apples... in all we did fine with breakfast but we've seen similar hotels do a little better.
- We checked in around 9PM and when we got to our room there were 2 bath towels. We asked for 4 more (2 for my wife, 1 for each of the rest of us!) but they only had 2 clean towels left (which they gladly brought up to our room), and let us know that more clean towels would be available in "an hour or two".
- The web site and the phone message at the hotel advertise a fitness room in the hotel, but apparently they used to have a treadmill in the pool area but with the humidity they had problems and they have no exercise equipment any more... would have been best if they could correct their advertising.

So in all, a good, clean place to spend the night, quite a good value at $110 for the night, convenient to Jack Frost & Big Boulder ski resorts. On a day when the hotel is pretty empty I expect I'd have thought it was great (relative to expectations) but there were a couple of small kinks as noted that we encountered.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

We go to the Poconos every year at this time and used to always stay at a bed & breakfast..Unfortunately the B&B closed witout prior notice so we hurriedly scrambled to find another place to stay. We had stayed at this Best Western several years ago and decided to stay there again because of its great location and the hotel was very nice. It didn't disappoint us, it is still a very nice hotel...We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again!

• Liked — Location Location location
  • Disliked — nothing was bad
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
heiress0028
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

We were on our way to Chicago when we were blind sided by a snow storm. It was very unsafe to drive so we pulled over at the first hotel we saw.

My boyfriend went in and told the night auditor that we were stranded and had a dog, she was super nice and said that a pet was no problem and no fee. We were so glad, we did not want to drive on interstate 80 looking for a pet friendly hotel.

Check in was easy, our room was clean the bath room was clean. The heat did not work very well in the room, but there were extra blankets so we were okay.

I did feel bad that my little 10 pound dog kept barking all night, he discovered himself in the full length mirror and was fascinated all night.

The breakfast was nice.

We would stay here again if we ever needed to.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

This is by far the best "Best Western" I've even stayed in. The rooms are spotless, as is the lobby and all public area. There's a warm indoor pool with sauna area. It's pet friendly. The staff is knowledgeable about the area, and very willing to help. On top of all this, it is close to the exit of Interstate Route 80 that services the Pocono International Raceway. Even though it's close to the exit, it sits back from the road (Route 115) and is very quiet. You can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed August 2008

Been to Best Western Inn at Blakeslee-Pocono? Share your experiences!