“Sadly, Beggars can't be choosers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fern Ridge Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blakeslee
Fern Ridge Motel
You added Fern Ridge Motel to your Saves list
RT. 115 South, Blakeslee, PA   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
New York City, New York
“Sadly, Beggars can't be choosers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here bc best western was full. That must be 95% of their business. No shampoo, long black hair in my bed with "fresh" sheets. Attitude by bartender when trying to check in...only thing this place has going for it is that it's near the track. I just wish I had booked earlier to get a room at best western.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have stayed at the Fern Ridge for the last several years while attending the races at Pocono. It is located about one mile from the track, so the location is perfect. The building itself is made out of stone from one of the nearby mountans. It is basically a clean, no frills, inexpensive place to stay. When you return from the track, you have a clean room, clean sheets, clean bathroom - what more can you ask for? There is also a large deck that overlooks Route 115 where all the race fans gather at the end of the day. If you're looking for a clean place to stay without the name of a big hotel chain, this is a good place to look at.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are a little quieter than the rooms at the front, as Rt. 115 crosses...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is great and has an amazing history. As children, our family went here every memorial day weekend during the 70's. It has been updated but retains a rustic charm. It does not have some of the amenities of the franchises down the road but those franchises offer zero character or originality. I'm willing to pay for character and support a locally owned business any day. If

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Elkton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night. We just needed somewhere to sleep, no frills, and this was the place for that. The room was really clean...sheets, floors, bathroom all were very clean. Bed was pretty comfy for a hotel room. The only 2 things that I wasn't crazy about were the back parking lot, and the door on our room. THe back parking lot is really dark and there was no light. THe door on our room had a deadbolt and a chain but for some reason still just didn't seem safe to me. All in all, inexpensive, clean, nice place to stay if you're on a budget and don't need anything special! Also spent a few hours over at Murphy's Loft on NYE and had a great time. Very nice people over there!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed at Fern Ridge on Wine Fest weekend. Room clean and you can see the owner takes care of the property. No ice machine; no phones...could care less about the phone but it would have been nice to have ice. The motel is next to Murphy's Loft... so the room is convenient to use Murphy's inground pool and have dinner/drinks in the outdoor area and since motel next door.. no worry about a DUI. Only music is from juke box. So this is a place where you can not expect service as with a chain motel or hotel but overall it wasn't bad and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Even though I paid with cash, they still insisted on my credit card 'in case' we racked up other charges. (I'll be watching my transactions closely.)

Fern Ridge Motel is not the greatest place to stay by any means. The rooms were pretty clean, but from the beginning we had doubts. If it weren't for the fact that we were with 7 other couples and had the entire top floor to ourselves, we'd have changed hotels. Check-in is at the bar next door. Even though I paid up front with cash, they still insisted on my credit card 'in case' we racked up other charges. (I'll be watching my transactions closely.)

The small parking lot was unlit at night, and parking was tight. We had to carry our luggage up a steep flight of outside stairs because there is no elevator. The rooms have no telephone (so don't bother calling for room service; you need to go to the restaurant/bar). One of my friend's rooms had no alarm clock, so we called them to wake them up. There was no in-room coffee maker; you can't get coffee unless the restaurant is open; though there's a Duncan Donuts close by. The rooms had no hair dryers, and no luggage racks. The closet alcove contained only bent-up wire hangers. The pool was not heated, as advertised, and you had to walk outside of the motel, in through the bar, then through the restaurant, then through the outdoor bar, just to get to the pool! And they do not supply pool towels; you must bring a (very small) bath towel from your room. There was no ice machine. If you want ice, you must purchase a bag from the bar.

They told me, when I reserved the room, that my friends and I had a shared balcony, so we could "party your hearts out." The shared balcony was down a set of rusty metal stairs and had no seating. The manager came up around 11:30 p.m. and told us that if we didn't stop being so rowdy he was going to call the police. For this, we paid $183 for two nights! What a rip-off.

To their benefit, Murphy's Loft, the restaurant/bar, is a nice place to dine. They had a nice outdoor eating area, also.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Collegeville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

My husband and I spent one night at Murphy's Loft after a fun day at Big Boulder. There was no computer check-in, we gave them our credit card and signed the book. We had drinks and dinner before retiring for the evening. The room was a nice surprise, clean and simple accomodation and food very nice. Service was friendly and prompt, however, a week after we were there our credit card was compromised. The fraud department for our credit card company told us that it had been copied and used in NY state. We rarely use this perticular card so there is no doubt in our minds that the card information was passed by someone working at this place. The woman who checked us in took our card into the back then brought it back to us. We never thought anything about it till now,... why did she not swipe the card in front of us?

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Fern Ridge Motel? Share your experiences!