“Great hotel, beautiful location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Alexandria, VA
“Great hotel, beautiful location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at the great location and grounds of the Hampton Inn. The hotel was built 4 years ago and is adjacent to the Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort & Conference Center (with golf course views). The rooms were very clean and large. The breakfast was great and included fresh fruit, make your own waffles along with the regular continental breakfast and hot breakfast items. I will definitely come back to this hotel and have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
What a beautiful photo you captured, thank you for sharing it and thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing that you enjoyed breakfast and were able to take in some of the great views of the mountain ridge. Our staff does work very hard to ensure our facilities are well maintained and clean for each visitor that stays, and I will be happy to share your positive comments with them. It is always great to hear from our guests! Please come back and visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lynchburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I honestly think that this was the best hotel that I have ever stayed in, hands down. Truly I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel (which is saying a lot since I am quite the germaphobe), the friendliness & helpfulness of all the hotel staff, as well as the delicious breakfast that they provide. I felt like they responded quickly to any request that we made, making us feel like the customer was a priority. We stayed 2 nights, and had such a wonderful experience that I think I could have stayed a week! I had encounters with several housekeeping staff, a maintenance man, front desk staff, & dining room staff--all of which were nothing but positive. I have never in my life had such consistent A+++ service at a hotel before this! Thank you for the great experience!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville! I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and you were pleased with your experience. Our staff works very hard to uphold a level of service and cleanliness in our hotel that we are proud of. I thank you for the kind review and have shared your comments with our team members.
I do hope your travel plans bring you back to the Blairsville area again in the future - we will have a warm and relaxing room awaiting your arrival! Please contact me directly when you are here, I would love to meet you personally thank you again for staying with us.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Checking into the hotel was a breeze. Kenny at the front desk went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed the entire weekend. He was very friendly and accommodating. He did upgrade our room to a suite. The room was clean and had all the amenities. Had pizza delivered to the back patio area from Domino's that was delicious and came in less time than the 30 minutes they estimated. Have stayed at this hotel before and once again has exceeded my expectations! Great job to the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are valued and appreciated, and have been shared with our staff. We were extremely pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the hotel service and amenities. From our Hampton family to yours, safe travels and if you will be a visitor to the area again soon, we certainly look forward to your return!
Derry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Our company needed to make a good impression with our biggest customer. We used this facility and the staff was very helpful, taking good care of our special requests!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
TA223, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are delighted to hear that we were able to allow you to have a worry-free and pleasant experience with us! Thank you very much for your kind comments, our staff will appreciate hearing your feedback. Please be sure to stop and see us again!
Westminster, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I won't rehash what other reviewers have said about this property - clean, fairly new, friendly staff, great location on the golf course, quiet and away from traffic, etc - all of that would be my standard expectation at a Hampton Inn.

But for some reason, either this hotel uses very old, worn, scratchy sheets or doesn't know how to make their beds. The bed is comfy enough, but when you climb in the bottom sheet it is so scratchy it feels like you are lying in a bed filled with sand or particles that scrape your skin. Maybe they put the wrong side of the sheets up? Weird. It wasn't just my room - a business colleague in another room on a different floor reported the same exact issue. The front desk staff acted surprised, but I can't imagine we were the only ones to notice this. I've never encountered this at any Hampton or at any of the more than 100 hotel nights a year I spend - ANYWHERE.

It marred an otherwise good experience and for that reason I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
I am extremely apologetic that your sheets were uncomfortable for you. I mirror our front desk agents surprise in your review, as I have not heard this complaint prior to now regarding our bedding. Typically, our guests seek us out due to our clean, fresh and comfortable beds. I have had a few guests ask us what company makes our bedding products, so that they can purchase them for their own homes. However, if you should ever require a change of sheets during your stay, please feel free to request it from our front desk or housekeeping staff. We will make every effort to assure your comfort and be sure that you are having the best nights rest possible while away from home. I welcome you back to our property to give us another try, and wish you well in your future travels!
Wellsboro, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn last night and it was wonderful. As usual, the parking lots always seem to be built as an afterthought-not very user friendly if you drive anything other than a compact car. The girl at the counter was friendly and had our keys ready and waiting for us. The hotel had a very pleasing decor and was very clean. In the room, the view was spectacular, overlooking a golf course. Plenty of room, but really no place to put our suitcases, since it was just an overnight, we didn't unpack. The room has a rather large refrigerator which made noise in the night as it ran, the bathroom fan wasn't really an exhaust fan, and the room was very steamed up after our shower, but quickly cleared out. The breakfast area was great. As a family with three young children, I really appreciated the fact that the sitting area and the food area were actually separate, so you don't feel as if you are bumping into the back of everyones chair while getting o.j. for the kids! Overall, one of the better places we have stayed. Will definitely consider it again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Tiffanyaiello, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
I want to thank you for your review. We always are looking for ways to ensure our guests have the best stay possible and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have many families stay with us year-round for our various family packages, and are always looking for ways we can be kid-friendly and help parents have the best stay possible. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to have you back!
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed at this Hampton for one evening for business. I needed a hotel fairly close to Johnstown, and this Hampton seemed to be a good choice since I was traveling from the Pittsburgh area.

The hotel is located off of Route 22. They really need a Hampton sign near the highway, since it was not clear where the hotel was since it is set back from the road. The check-in was a little slow since the front desk attendant was away (there was a sign on the desk). Not a big deal, but I was surprised to have to wait several minutes.

The hotel itself is very nice. It is on a beautiful golf course with lovely views of the Laurel Highlands. I reserved a suite room, which included a kitchenette. I like having a refrigerator in my room for sodas and juice. The bed was the typical super comfy Hampton bed. The room was spotlessly clean.

The is a restaurant immediately next door (part of the golf course). I had a very good dinner here (fish sandwich and soup) at a very reasonable price. The service was also good.

The breakfast was fine with the usual Hampton hot and cold choices.

The workout room was good - a bike, eliptical, and treadmill, all in excellent condition. There were also free weights, water, sanitizing wipes, and plenty of towels. It ended up being a nicer workout room than the hotel that I stayed in the next night for double the price. I also walked around the property after my workout in the morning, gazing longingly at the beautiful adjacent golf course. Sigh. I then had to drive to my meeting in Johnstown.

I did a fair amount of research trying to find a decent hotel to stay in this region, and I have to believe that this Hampton is probably one of the best options for the business traveler in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
We're very glad you stayed with us! I apologize for the delay in checking in, our front desk agents will sometimes need to hand deliver a request to a guest or serve a guest in another area of the hotel but we try to ensure that we are available to assist you the moment you walk in our doors. Typically, check-in is a smooth and fast process. We hope that you will visit us again and remember, you can always hit a free bucket of balls at Chestnut Ridge Golf resort by showing your Hampton key, as well as enjoy a discount on food purchases. We welcome you to come back stay and relax!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville? Share your experiences!