“Worst Hotel Ever!!! if possible minus points!” 1 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1085 SR 22 Highway West, Blairsville, PA 15717-7918   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Blairsville
magnolia, DE
“Worst Hotel Ever!!! if possible minus points!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed at many Comfort Inns in the past and have had a good experience. Not this one! as soon as we walked into the lobby, we could smell cigarette smoke. we reserved a non-smoking room however the hallway leading to our room smelled strongly of smoke and directly across our room was a smoking room which had a strong smell of smoke coming out. our room smell slightly of smoke and was dirty. the mattresses were very old and uncomfortable. the towels looked like they have been there since the hotel was built. since we were in Blairsville to help my daughter move we didn't have time to look for another hotel that night. in the morning we made reservations at a different hotel (we were supposed to stay two nights in this Comfort Inn). when we went to check out, we couldn't find the desk clerk and the office door was open (unlocked). it seems that the clerk on shift had abandoned her job, they had sent the state police after her. I strongly suggest someone from the branch investigate this hotel!

Room Tip: go to Hampton Inn in Blairsville or choose a hotel in a different town!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
charleroi, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spend 60+ nights a year sleeping in Choice brand hotels and have yet to come across a more disgusting property than the Comfort Inn, Blairsville PA. While I'm generally loyal to Choice brands, I wish I would have driven a little farther up route 22 to the Hampton Inn. Carpet is filthy and appears to not have been updated in fifteen years. As a word of advice, do not take your shoes off in the room as your feet will stick to the floor. Towels are stained and ragged, complementing the filthy bathroom. The room itself had not been updated in probably fifteen years as well and was adorned with rusty lamp post and mirrors along with a window so caked in filth you could barely see out. If you're look for a comfortable place to stay, this is not it. Do yourself a favour and stay at the Hampton in Blairsville. On the up side, the front desk was helpful.

Room Tip: Keep your shoes on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Guys, dont stay here. My fiancé and I stayed here last night (10/5/12), and had we not been exhausted, and had it not been 11 PM, we would have left. Where do I start? Ok, so the parking lot is really dark to the point where you can't see your luggage. The security doors are all broken. The kid at the front desk was sweating and had the shakes, like he was going trough some type of withdrawal - he was polite so I don't want to completely throw him under the bus. The first room we were assigned and the hallways in general looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in months. Our room had loose shreds of paper and lint everywhere, everything was stained, our non smoking room reaked like smoke and had cigarette stains all over the comforter. There were hairs and dirty tissues in the bed!!!!! We called the front desk, they gave us another room. It was marginally better. Both bathrooms had dirty floors, and I don't mean stains, they had them too. I mean loose dirt that could have been swept up. I was so disgusted that I really didn't want to take my clothes off, have my bare feet touch the floor, or touch anything in the room. We didn't get under the covers that night, and we're awoken twice to what sounded like someone breaking in our room, and it turned out to be the loudest squeaky door across the hall. It happend at 2:30 and again at 3:30. We wondered if they even had housekeeping. Sure enough the next morning we saw two "housekeeping" women. One was on her cell phone in the hallway and the other looked to be doing personal laundry and shaking out mens jeans. (i apologize if she was doing a guests laundry, but i seriously doubt it) We both travel a lot and have never been this turned off...oh, and we love the Comfort Inn chain, this one just sucked. For the same cost you should drive down the blairsville where apparently the chain lives up to its name.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are falling asleep at the wheel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Centralpa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Read the reviews but took a chance. Spent 4 nights at hotel while in the area drag racing. The hotel could use some maintenance but overall the employees were very courteous, service was good. Had two non smoking rooms which were fine ( did not smell smokey). One was on the second floor..no elevator..bummer for transporting luggage. Breakfast in the morning was adequate. This is a hotel that many service workers in the area stay at ( lots of trucks in the parking lot). The hall carpets look a little used,but my bathroom was clean, serviceable, the linens clean. Bed was comfortable. Air conditioning unit was noisy. But the cost for the weekend stay was considerably less than another hotel I had stayed at previous years. I would stay there again. You get what you pay for. Our maids did an excellent job and were very nice. Sorry for the other bad reviews but our stay at this hotel was decent. There were also a lot of golfers there too.

It is like everything Jelske, you get what you pay for but overall for the price we got decent service , a good nights sleep at a reasonable price. It is not deluxe accommodations but all service workers were great and friendly ( even more than in some higher priced hotels I have stayed in). Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Ground floor room, non smoking, backside of hotel more quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

What is going on? I am truly pissed! The whole hotel smells like a cigarette factory, there's cigarette burns in the bed sheets, the a/c system sounds like its on its last leg, the wall paper is falling of the walls, the tv is PREHISTORIC, the carpet has stains and this is my second room after complaining about the first one! I WILL NEVER COME TO THIS RAT HOLE AGAIN! The district manager will definitely hear from me!

• Stayed August 2012
Glencoe, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stay in Comfort before that is why I pick the Comfort Inn in Blairsville. When I go back to see my son a Wyotech. I won't be staying there. I ask for a Non- Smoking room and got a Smoking room. I thought there was 1,000.00 smoker in the room. The rug had burns in the carpet and the bed spread had burns in it. The scared me because it look like the sprinkler had water stain from it. The toilet run if all night if you didn't go back and wriggle the handle. Then the road people honking there honk at 3:00 in the morning and the traffic you could hear. The air condition wasn't cold at all. Even after I when down ask for other bed spread they told me smoker don't mind the bed spread with the burns in it. Well I paid a 140.60 for this room...I mind. Oh the in pool we couldn't wait to get in. It was cold water and cloudy. I mean cold!!! It was 99 degree out side. The room was closed in. The work out room as nice and clean. The breakfast was good. But they didn't fill the food up after in was gone. There is basely a person that fill it up to make sure there is enough for the time they have it too. There was free new paper. People was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in the front is you can't sleep with traffic sounds. Corner suites are the same...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kershaw, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We booked a reservation through Chice Privileges to stay at Comfort Inn in Blairsville, Penn, upon arriving after 3 PM our room was not ready. The maids had not even cleaned the room and had left for the day, the air would not work in the room or the next room the deskclerk showed us. They had standup fans in the rooms and the hallways. The hallways smelled like smoke. The deskclerk that showed us the room was very nice she was new, she tried to help us. She showed us three rooms, the third room would have been fair, She suggested we go back to the front desk and maybe they could give us a discount. My son and mother were waiting in the lobby and overheard the manager saying she was not going to give us a discount, before we even got back to the desk. My teenage son was upset because the manager was calling me names before I got back up there. When the deskclerk, my dad and I got to the front desk. She yelled at me and siad she could not satisify me and she suggested I find another hotel, she already had a letter typed up stating my reservation had been canceled. This was terrible treatment. I've never been treated this RUDE. She was terrible....

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel..... Thats all I need to say about it !!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!