“Good food, bad attitude” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food, bad attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here quite a few times and have never had a bad meal. I have had several bad doses if attitude from the owner. She is a difficult person and doesn't seem to appreciate customers. On my last visit, our friends had two gift certificates which were gifts from their office staff. Betty refused to accept both at the same time and said my friend would have to come back to use the second certificate. My friend had her husband tell the staff not to purchase gift certificates from Pie Cucina as they wouldn't be going back there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pgh, PA
“EXCELLENT ITALIAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had not been there for a long time, hoping it was still good as we were taking friends. Everyone was blown away by the quality of the food, excellent service (we were there early on a Sat with no reservations), rreasonable cost. Dinner for 4 with appetisers, drinks, tip etc only $114. A real bargain considering what you would pay in a chain restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
blairsville, PA
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I have visited this restaurant many, many times over the years. Yes the owner is a bit gruff--but that is part of the charm. The food is excellent for both private parties and in the restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Food was okay, questionable customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently had my sister's bridal shower in the Catalina Garden room, which had beautiful decor and accomodated 18 people perfectly. The food was okay. The waitress was medicore and sometimes lacking. The owner Betty was extremely difficult and rude to work with. If my sister had not insisted she wanted her shower there I would have changed venues immediately. Betty is not customer friendly and her demeaning manor towards myself and my mother at the event guaranteed we will not be back. This place might be nice for a dinner but I would warn anyone who wants to book an event there to find another place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Wonderful restaurant - the chocolate peanut butter pie is to die for!

Visited August 2011