“Lancaster Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmishView Inn & Suites

You added AmishView Inn & Suites to your Saves list
AmishView Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3125 Old Philadelphia Pike (Rt 340), If Gps Problem, Try Ronks As City, Bird in Hand, PA 17505   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Nashville, Tennessee
“Lancaster Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I took two of my grandchildren to Hersey Park, and wanted to extend our outing. I chose to visit the Amish area and decided to stay at the Amish View Inn. The hotel was centrally located to what I wanted the grands to see. We received a warm welcome from the staff when we arrived. The room was clean and nicely decorated. My daughter, who usually has difficulty sleeping in hotels, slept like a baby. The bedding was very comfortable! The Inn has a nice indoor pool but we didn't get to use it. The breakfast the next morning offered many choices including a chef who made personalized omelets, and waffles. I choice the waffle and smothered it with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. After a hearty breakfast, we spent the day in the area since the hotel is centrally located. My brother, recommended this hotel, and he didn't steer me wrong. The accommodations were better than any of the major chain hotels that I usually stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris G, Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am glad you were able to extend your visit in Lancaster County and stay with us. We hope all of our guests enjoy a great night of sleep and a hearty breakfast before heading out each morning. Thank your brother for us for steering you in our direction and we look forward to seeing you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family really enjoyed our stay here. I traveled with 2 kids. Our room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable. We had an incredible view of a farm. Conveniently located near the attractions in Bird In Hand, such as the farmers market, Kitchen Kettle Village, etc. We ate dinner at the Plain and Fancy restaurant for dinner and had a lovely meal there. Very reasonably price, especially with the 15% discount offered for hotel guests. We took advantage of the indoor pool, a modest, but nice pool. Observed some construction outside of the hotel, it looks like an outdoor pool is being installed. The breakfast is included and we enjoyed the made to order omelettes, waffles, and fresh sausage. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a view with a farm view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris G, Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at The Amish View Inn & Suites. We are glad you got the chance to experience several of the amenities we have to offer on our property and in the local area. Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at Amishview Inn since 2005. It is a great place and convenient to just about everything. The rooms are always clean and the grounds are always very peaceful and very well maintained. However, in the past I had commented that they had old TVs in the rooms. Not any longer. They have finally upgraded to flat panel televisions. Though I don't watch it much, its good to have a flat screen than an old CRT.

It turns out that they are adding another building for more suites. We were told that they should be ready by April of 2014. It was nice and quiet during the weekend though.

Plain and Fancy restaurant was great as usual. The gift shop is a little smaller due to some rearrangement of facilities--I suppose due to the new building. The garden was beautiful and the bus tour we took was very good and very informative. We stopped at an Amish home and a bakery. The whoopie pies were fantastic and the homemade soft pretzel was delicious.

Amishview in costs more than other hotels in the area, but it is very well worth it. Breakfast is included with your reservation. They have omlettes, waffles, french toast, cerials, oatmeal, sausage, and much more. It's not one of those continental breakfasts where you get a danish and coffee.

Amishview Inn is our headquarters for the outlets on Rt 30 (Rockvale and Tanger), Kitchen Kettle Village, which also looks like they expanded it to more shops, local restaurants, various attractions, and buggy rides. It's a great place to stay and I'm looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Every room we have ever stayed in were great. We typically stay in room 302, which has a great view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night and we really enjoyed it. I saw good reviews here on TripAdvisor, so I hoped that it would live up to the billing and it did.

The location is nice. It's a few miles away from the main area attractions, but it's nice and quiet. It's easy to get to the hotel and the parking lot had plenty of parking. The outside of the building was well kept, clean and landscaped nicely.

We purchased the "Getaway Enhancement" package and it was well worth the money considering what we saved on dinner at the Plain & Fancy. How they call ahead to get you seating there is nice also.

The front desk staff was friendly and courteous. Inside the hotel lobby, everything was decorated nicely and the place was spotless.

Once up to our top floor room, we really understood why this was called the AmishView Inn, as we had an awesome view of the Amish farmland. I almost felt guilty relaxing while watching the workers toil at their tasks with their horse teams in the fields.

The room was majestically decorated with nice artwork, and the metal bed had tall bedposts with framework for a canopy. Wow. We had a jacuzzi suite and everything was very clean. The bathroom was nice and clean, there was a separate sink area outside of the bathroom, a desk, a wet bar type area with another sink and a small refrigerator and microwave. I don't think that I've ever had a hotel room so large and spacious before!

We enjoyed the pool area down in the basement. There was a nice swimming pool and a hot tub in the same area. We were fortunate to have the area to ourselves for a while which was especially nice. Everything was clean and there were plenty of clean pool towels available. Even in the pool area, there were windows letting us look outside at the Amish farmland.

Outside of the pool area was a small arcade and a workout room with a few machines. Again, nice and clean.

Breakfast was wonderful! I mean, really, really good for being included with the room. They had an omelet station and my wife got "Ferhoodled" (I think that was the name of the special omelet.) She even got a pin to wear on her shirt. I ate way too much and the guy working the omelet station was excellent.

Our stay was very nice with the only bad part being that they didn't have vacancy for a second night, and we had to transfer to the disappointing Country Inn & Suites.... That's what I get for last minute trip planning!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chestnut Ridge, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is where we started to stay when visiting Lancaster. The rooms are clean and they have a nice breakfast in the am. The only reason we switched is it only has an indoor pool and we wanted to be outside. The rooms are also a bit pricier than other places althought I would still recommend it. The location is nice, not on the main highway and near everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and hope that you will return again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a pleasant stay for 2 nights in June 13, however the whole experience did feel slightly sterile. This establishment is larger than what we imagined (more than 50 rooms I believe) so it did feel like a regular hotel in the Lancaster countryside, so there are pros and cons to it.

The hotel is part of a full-packaged establishment (includes the Plain and Fancy restaurant, Amish Experience, Buggy Rides etc). We stayed in two different types of rooms, one the normal king room and one the whirlpool suite on the 3rd floor. Both rooms are immaculately kept and very clean, and there is a lot of space. Actually we feel that the king room is definitely pleasant enough but if you want to splurge on the whirlpool on your holiday, go ahead by all means.

The amenities in the room are maintained very well and are in good working condition. Special mention goes to the heavenly orange scented toiletries set, which feel luxurious.

Also, props to the breakfast team and a well cooked spread in the dining room near the lobby. There is an omelette speciality called the Ferhoodle which is yummy, do request for it. Also, the breakfast potatoes are really nice as well. The breakfast room looks out over a field that we saw Amish farmers hard at work early at 7+.

The hotel is well located in between Bird in Hand and Intercourse (but you def need a car to visit it!). If you are looking for an all-inclusive stay, this is perfectly fine and would exceed most of your expectations actually, but if you are looking for a quaint B&B type of stay, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the rear.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Upper Quinton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel. We were very happy. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Pool and hot tub very nice an warm and clean. Amish experiences on site as well as Good and Plenty restaurant. Breakfast buffet was a full course breakfast with almost anything you wanted. If you took advantage of buffet you didn't need to eat unill dinner. Fruit, lemonaide coffee and tea available all day, fresh amish cookies in the afternoon. Only double bed suites look out over amish farm land. Just wish there was king suite looking over farmland, but view was worth the inconvience of not having king. Best advice is to ride back roads to find crafts ...cheaper and more authentic.

Room Tip: they are adding on a building, hopefully it will include king suites overlooking farm land
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to AmishView Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!