“yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries
White Plains, New York
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We ended up getting the mini whoopie pies, cookies in assorted flavors and cupcakes for 2.00 each that would cost 5.00 each in New York. Enjoy

Visited March 2014

Richmond, VA
“Best sticky buns - EVER !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Every thing looked so good it was hard to decide but ended up with the best sticky buns I have ever eaten. Not only do I respect the hard work put into making all of the items for sale; the cleanliness of the store; but most of all the taste ! YUM!

Visited March 2014
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird in Hand Bakery and Cafe, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We’re delighted that you enjoyed Grandma Smucker's Pennsylvania Dutch sticky buns so much! Have you tried our apple fritters and whoopie pies? Yum! We hope to see you again soon.
NY
“Been disappointed the last few times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have always loved their red velvet cake.The last year or two, (I visit a few times a year), I've noticed that the cake is always stale... Never fresh and soft, unless you have a slice from an entire cake . They sell their cakes sliced and wrapped in saran wrap. Just found out, that they bake and slice these in advance and freeze them. They then color code the price tags, so they know how old these slices are. They leave them for sale for about 2 to 3 days before they put them in reduced sale. When I go to a bakery, I expect fresh, just baked. Now I know why my red velvet slices are always stale. I'm done. I won't buy them by the slice anymore. I'm getting not 1 day old, but 2 to 3 day old cake. I guess they figure the tourists take them and leave, so there is no one to around who will complain.. I want fresh for my money.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
brownsmills, nj
“our favorite bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

its not a very big place. fair amount of parking. but tight. park across street on weekends better. as you walk up you smell the aromas of what your about to find. once inside there it all is. donuts, cakes, breads, samples, drinks where do you start. we always start with the day old section. get a discount on some very good baked goods. then we taste the samples, while looking over everything else to buy. we always leave with our tummy and hands full. on a nice day sit on the outside patio to sample your goods

Visited January 2014
Beltsville,Md
“Always very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Made a regular visit tot he bakery and as usual all was very good. Took home the Vanilla Pie and it was excellent. Also took out a few Whoppie Pies and they were very good. If in the area stop in and pick up some treats. May want to call ahead if you want something seasonal as it may sell out.

Visited January 2014
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird in Hand Bakery and Cafe, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We’re so happy to have repeat guests like you. Come see us again when you’re in the area.