“Always a treat!” 4 of 5 stars

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
“Always a treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have been to this market dozens of times, and it is always a treat. No matter what we always find just the right gift or something fresh and delicious to eat.

Visited January 2014

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Always a nice shopping visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

When in Lancaster we always try to get to the farmers market. There are so many great stands with delicious fare from meats to sweets. We always try to plan our visit for lunch time. The small counter in the North West corner has the best soups to go with their sandwiches. It is a must visit for a delicious and inexpensive lunch.

Visited December 2013
Hawley, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Nice stop along the way.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have been to this farmers market a few times now and each time I manage to find something new. They have a good selection of everything you can imagine. I love the meat market and the home made baked goods that you can find here. Always good stuff to be had no matter what you may be in search of. The crowds can get very hectic so try an off beat time like a weekday to visit if possible but if not brave the crowds its well worth the wait.

Visited October 2013
Newmarket, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Farm Produce: OK; Gifts: Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my first time at the market and I was somewhat disappointed that there was not more than one staff of fresh produce. I think I was imagining a larger farmers' market with a greater variety of locally grown produce, baked goods and canning and more Amish involvement. When it came to trying to get items to put together and take with us in order to make a meal later, it was tough. We did find that the cheese at Hummer's Quality Smoked Meats & Cheeses was very good. Overall, one can enjoy and spend a lot of time looking at the vast variety of things, albeit most are not Amish. The diabetic in our group was thrilled with the variety of sugar free chocolates at Candyland and the macadamian nut "turtles" were scrumptious and huge. For me and my parents (seniors) Village Country Crafts was the most interesting place in the market for gift buying as there were Amish made windchimes that sound like church bells, handmade coat racks and furniture, durable rocking chairs that made you want to sit and take a nap, and more. My mother found wrought iron pie cooling racks at a very reasonable price. Let me just say that we looked all over Ontario and the Lancaster area before we found one here!

Visited October 2013
Swellendam, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Great selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a great time visiting the Farmer's Market. A great selection from food to crafts. We had a delicious sandwich at the sandwich counter next to the butcher. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We picked up some great cold meats, sausages and also some cheese and pastries from various stands. One of the stands has the most beautiful snowmen, perfect for Christmas decorations!

Visited November 2013