“Great Place to stay and relax!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2740 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird in Hand, PA 17505   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Brick, New Jersey
“Great Place to stay and relax!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This isn't the first time I stayed there but it is the first time my husband joined us. He thought it was as great as we all told him. We love the pool and the restaurant right there...
I find the rooms to be clean and neat... can't wait till we go back... We always stay in the pool building which makes it a lot easier for the kids since that is where they wan to be!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed every part of our stay. The humorous, professional play, "Half Stitched", bus tour & exceptional restaurant were highlights. The comfortable rooms & pleasant staff will entice us to return!

Room Tip: The one story building in front had a great view of daily balloon launches and Amish activity. They...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
morristown, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

My quilting group goes here every year. The rooms are fine with clean bathrooms and quiet. Enjoyed the flat screen TVs. Loved the pools. Went swimming every day. Sewing room and kitchen perfect for groups needs. Would like duvet covers instead of bedspreads. Hope they upgrade to that. Will return.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Port Republic, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

After going to Lancaster for almost 30 years. I can see how things change.
I always stay at one of Bird and Hand places. This time i booked on line and paid for it ahead. Upon arriving to check in, I was told there was a problem from 9MONTHS ago 1/2014. That my credit card had been denied the same day that I checked it. Well I thought out of state, maybe? So I was told i had to wait for Molly a Supervisor before checking. So I waited and waited. 2 other couples came in, in the mean time, no one waited on them, 1 couple left and the other just sat there and waited.(2 workers behind the desk)Molly finally came in and went in the back, while we are still waiting, then came out and said my card had been declined back in Jan.! The same day I checked in?? There was a note, that someone tried to call, no answer and no message? Yet no one ever called me, no message and no one came to my room!! So anyway, after coming up there for all these years, I figured they must be right. So now they are going to charge me for Jan. I wound up being charged 2 different dollar amounts. A 3rd employee had to tell this Supervisor and another employee how to put the correct amount in. Now I have 2 amount charged to CC within less then 2 min. So when I got home I called My CC and Banks and sorted everything out. Jan. 2014 I had been charged! So who was ripping who off, 9 months later!! Oct. 2014, I had to make sure that the wrong charges for Jan. was stopped and now I have to get the money back that they ripped me off for Jan. Done with Bird-in-Hand. This is what happens, when they try to control to many hotels and get way over priced!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird-In-Hand Family Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
We apologize for this mistake on our part, and for the inconvenience this has caused you. Your original payment had a glitch that kept it from being processed immediately, so we added a note to your profile to obtain payment at your next visit. When the payment did go through, we forgot to remove the note causing an extra charge. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we could speak to you personally and correct the situation. We have credited your account and we do hope you’ll give us another chance when you return to Lancaster County.
Waverly, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

What a great experience ! Stayed at this Family Inn...clean...gracious..comfort above and beyond! Then to enjoy the meals at the Restaurant ! who could ask for any thing more? Buffet breakfast to die for ! The people at the reception desk made you feel like you were "coming home."
I can't wait till I can go back to this Heavenly Area ! Everyone in a life time should spend some time with the Amish, they will enrich your life.
many good places to stay....but this is my very favorite.

Room Tip: I had a room in a separate area..but I've been here before and have never had a loser.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

They had a great two night package for two that included two free buffet breakfasts and one dinner at their restaurant. I was able to apply $40.00 off the total package via a coupon in the Lancaster visitors booklet, I had sent for. This was very convenient, since the restaurant was next door. The package also included a ten dollar voucher, a free shoo fly pie or cookie for each person. A free two hours tour via their van to and stops at three locations on the tour. The location was great because you could walk to a number of other places, such as the farmer's market and their bakery. Their restaurant and bakery across the street were great.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird-In-Hand Family Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you reviewing your stay with us. We're glad you were able to enjoy so much of what the Village of Bird-in-Hand has to offer while you were here. We hope you'll stay with us again.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

This hotel is just an average motel type as far as rooms are concerned. We thought they were a bit overpriced for being so average. But, the room was clean and well-stocked. The petting zoo had a few animals that were cute and fun to feed. Didn't try the restaurant or anything else. If you're looking for a place to lay your head, it's not bad, but I wouldn't get excited about it. The area itself is beautiful and lots of things to do.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird-In-Hand Family Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad you mentioned cleanliness--that's very important to us. We hope you'll come see us again.

Been to Bird-In-Hand Family Inn? Share your experiences!