“Visit to Hauser's Tasting Room in Gettysburg” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Derwood, Maryland
“Visit to Hauser's Tasting Room in Gettysburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I went to Gettysburg to visit three tasting rooms of Wineries in the Mason-Dixon Wine Trail. Hauser's was a delight. The folks pouring were pleasant, knowledgeable, and friendly. Between us, we tasted eight wines and two hard ciders. I was very pleased to find a nice selection of off-dry wines. There was no tasting fee. They have tables and comfortable couches where you can enjoy a glass of their wine, which we did. It looks as though they may be opening an adjacent restaurant in the future, but for now they said folks are welcome to bring food, buy a glass of their wine and stay a while. In addition, they recommended The Café Amand for lunch, which was great. We are planning a trip to the Winery Tasting Room when the weather is warmer.

11 attraction reviews
“Views are amazing; wines a bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went there for the Mason-Dixon tour; I would love to return just to "hang out"; lots of people were there enjoying the scenery and drinking with friends.

Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
“Tour de Tanks Stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This winery is in a beautiful area and I know once spring hits and everything turns green it will be a great place to go sit out and sip wine and take in the scenery. This was our first stop on the Tour de Tanks tour. I'm glad we took our friends with us as I'm unfamiliar with wines in general and just learning. While it was nice, unfortunately the wines were more champagne like and did not result in our buying any. However, for us with tickets they did have a great tomato soup made with their homemade hard cider, so I can't wait to make it for myself. I think as nice as this winery is, they should learn from their colleagues at Reid's Winery and create a better assortment of foods to go with their wines. After visiting Reids, Hausers was a bit of a disappointment. we will be back, though, if they have concerts because the view is spectacular!

Roselle Park, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Nice day trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were recommended to stop by this winery for great views and wine tasting. We were so glad to have stopped by this place. The tasting was free when we stopped by on a Saturday morning. The 360 views were a nice touch and the seating was plentiful. There was a nice choice of both red and white wine as well as two ciders. I left with 5 bottles, it was that good. I would also chose the garlic and chives cheese for a nice taste that is not too harsh on your breathe. It was very smooth and tasty with the crackers! We also got a private tour of the wine cellar/place where they barrel the wines and cider. They were very nice and informative. Stop by if you get a chance!

Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
“Everything Here is Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I just happened to run into this winery on my way home from visiting an orchard in Biglerville. I saw the sign on the side of the road and decided to stop. It was well worth the stop. Everything at Hauser Estate Winery is delicious. I'm not a huge fan of Chardonnay, but their Chardonnay is far from average. Everything is far above average and several (including the Chambourcin) are over-the-top delicious. Not to mention the peaceful atmosphere and quaint patio where you can sit and enjoy a nice glass of wine along with food and good friends.

Visited September 2012