“Ordered the wrong thing.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Bethel Park
Cuisines: Pizza
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ordered the wrong thing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were craving pizza and did a quick online search of places near where we were driving around. Danny's came up as the place to go, so we went and realized while we were eating our horrible SUPER greasy pizza that everyone comes here for the hoagies....that's what we get for not reading the reviews thoroughly. So don't order the pizza!!

They also do not have a restroom? I thought restaurants with seating were required to have one?

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Topeka, Kansas
“I agree with everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I will be in PA. for Thanksgiving and the feast ranks second to a Danny's hoagie. I have been going to Danny's for about 40 years. The Hoagies are the best food I've tasted in all the U.S.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Still the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

After being gone for way too long, my one requirement must, was to include the
consumption of a Danny's hoagie.
This place has been there for over 40 yrs!
I grew up here, and have traveled all over.
There is NO other place that has hoagie's that are as good as Danny's. Now run by Danny Jr, not much has changed. Thank Goodness!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Half Moon Bay, California
“A Culinary Monument in the South Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

I grew up in Bethel Park (BPHS Class of 1973) and at that time there was only one place to go for hoagies (and their pizza wasn't bad either) -- Danny's. It doesn't look like much and if you drive too fast down/up Route 88 you will miss it, but it has thrived in that location for decades. When I return to Pittsburgh from Northern California to visit my family, I always head to Danny's. Always. And the food is as good as ever.

Their hoagies are the definitive hoagie. Hot from the oven with a crispy crust and melted cheese and topped with fresh lettuce, tomato, onion, and hot peppers they are extraordinarily delicious. Their pizza is also first rate. They have now added a fryer, and do some killer onion rings. I have been back in Stiller Country for a long weekend and I have eaten a hoagie every day but one -- and that was when I ate at Primanti's and had a -- you guessed it -- Primanti sandwhich.

Danny's is an institution and a "not to be missed" when in the area.

Pittsburgh
“Alway's Great Food at Danny's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

I always get great food at Danny's, doesn't matter whether it's Pizza or Subs - it's all good! Keep up the good work!