“Needs a visit from Restaurant Impossible” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Bethel
Cuisines: American, Chowder, Sandwiches, Bakeries, Hamburgers, Vegetarian, Grill, Family Fare, Diner, Pasta
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Needs a visit from Restaurant Impossible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

What once was the best diner along US route 22 is now a place to avoid. The meals are tasteless and the portions seem sized for senior citizens. Just pass on by there are better places nearby.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ringwood, New Jersey
“Mediocre...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited here on the way home from Hersheypark. It was late, we were starving. I had hoped for something a little more...modern...but we were in the middle of nowhere and needed to eat. The service here was great, but the food was just OK. I played it safe with a grilled cheese. I usually like cheddar on wheat grilled cheese sandwiches, but that wasn't an option here. My sandwich was white bread with white American cheese. This style of grilled cheese reminded me of when my grandma made it for me. My husband had a salad and really seemed to enjoy that, but his taste buds are pretty easily satisfied. Our friends didn't complain about their food, but I think we were all just very hungry. We probably wouldn't stop here again unless it was absolutely necessary, but it was certainly interesting to visit a very old-timey dining establishment.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellemore
“Don't go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place looked very old fashioned and scary. But we were very hungry, so we sat down. I ordered pepper steak . It took 20 min for our dinner to arrive . I asked the waitress where was the pepper . Apparently it was blended in with the meat and looked like dog poop. It tasted horrible. The waitress asked me if it was ok. I did not want to hurt this old lady's feeling. Politely told her that I wasn't hungry. She knew better. When we were leaving,, we saw the cook outside in the back smoking. Shame on this diner for serving people food like this. Now there is a place for GORDON RAMSEY to visit and straightened them out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin, Pennsylvania
“very "old" fashioned diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

On a trip with the kids. Stayed at the hotel across the parking lot. Stopped here for dinner. Not that bad, but really not as good as a chain restaurant. The prices were reasonable. The waitress was pleasant but didnt hear us half the time. I think other than convenience I would go down the road and find a Denny's or something. We did go back later for homemade pie. But that was only because no other stores to pick from if you dont want to drive somewhere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Weak even for roadside in PA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Food here is indelible.
Veggie soup's highlight is the amalgamation of canned and frozen vegetables.
Bison burger is tasteless and chewy as shoe leather.
Servers are very pleasant but have no concept as to how to guide diners. Bison burger was suggested "medium well" which is ridiculous for an item with low fat content. It was ordered "medium" which was horrible.
Clearly this is a landmark diner that has declined terribly, or may have survived simply on basis of location ... Although place was empty during my visit.
Sorry to be so negative, but nothing good to say.

• Visited April 2013