“Great Business Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nectar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Berwyn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: SEPTA Berwyn and Daylesford Train Stations are 1-2 miles from the restaurant
Description: "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon…" Dalai Lama.At Nectar, our love for cooking is deeply embedded in that belief.Nectar, a sensuous, sumptuous, savory experience, features the Asian-inspired-French-infused signature cuisine of star chef Patrick Feury.Nectar's eclectically creative menu offers the perfect amalgamation of classic French cooking with the freshest, finest, seasonal and sustainable ingredients. From wild Alaskan salmon to Arctic Char to grass-fed beef to free range poultry to locally grown, hand picked organic produce; Nectar is committed to selecting what is best for our patrons as well as our planet. Our dedication to quality is captured in our extensive collection of wines, craft beer and fresh nectar cocktails. We assiduously pair the varietal notes in our wines to consummately complement our aromatic dishes.Such attention to detail is also illustrated in Nectar's architectural combination of artistry and urban beauty. Designed by the New York-based David Rockwell Group, Nectar showcases a bi-level, stone structure with vaulted ceilings that give room to a towering 18-foot silk-screen Buddha. Resplendent in His robed repose, the Buddha's radiance is reflected in Nectar's impressive interior. The dining room's inviting ambiance of fiery orange glows and warm, lemon yellow and chocolate brown banquettes delivers a kindred spirit to Nectar's distinctive menu.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Business Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My Co worker and I dine here several times for lunch. Ambiance is great, never had a problem with service and food is always fresh. Her and I love sushi so we always split several items. They update the specials very frequently so there is always something new to try. We love coming here! Love the shrimp miso soup!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scott Z, Manager at Nectar, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Brittany,

Thank you for joining us and your kind words!

Don't forget you can stay up to date on new specials to the menu and other fun Nectar related happenings through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

We hope to see you again soon!
-Nectar Restaurant

Facebook: Nectar Restaurant
Twitter: @tastenectar
Instagram: tastenectar

Houston, Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

A great restaurant and if you are in the area you should eat here as you will not be disappointed. We arrived about 30 minutes early. They have complimentary valet. We went to the bar for a drink and the staff were courteous and quick. We lost track of time and went to our table 30 minutes after our reservation and we were not given any problems with being late. I started with a tempura oyster dish that was on a bed of sea weed and excellent. My main was a tenderloin and lobster combination that hit the spot and the meal was finished off with an off the menu order of plain vanilla ice cream. The staff was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. I will go here again next time I am in the area!

Visited May 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Tasty!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here for a business dinner with about 10 coworkers. The restaurant was a bit loud for good conversation in a big group, but the food more than made up for it! I tasted the calamari appetizer (superb!) and a friend and I shared two of the sushi rolls. I think you can't go wrong with the sushi - it was VERY good!

Visited May 2014
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Pricey and forgettable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had considered going to this restaurant for a few years now... but just never got there. So on a recent venture to the area, we finally went.

Maybe my expectations were too high - I don't know - but it did not live up to the hype. We felt the ideas were creative and good - but the execution was very, very average.

We started with the cheese plate which had a very thin hard to find layer of rosemary honey. While that keeps the presentation clean - it does not do much for flavor. Not that I want to drown my cheeses - but they need more to complement them.

The Seafood Bento for 2 was as described, but none of the individual elements were a standout. Certainly nothing in there that I would have ordered a larger portion of.

Our entrees were so forgettable that I literally cannot remember what they were. Maybe they had a scallop & risotto special? The only thing I clearly remember is that whatever I ate that night - was SALTY.

It's not that I have a bad memory either. We ate in a different restaurant the night before (at about half the cost BTW...) and I remember every dish we ordered. I won't say that I loved every one of those - but they were memorable and for the most part - far better than what we had at Nectar.

I should also mention this: decor is really pretty - but they might as well not have bothered with that, because the music makes it sound like a trance nightclub. Result = not even a tiny bit romantic.

If you are looking for Asian Fusion on/near the Mainline - there are far better and budget-friendly options - and as a bonus you will be able to talk with your companion - and hear them.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great lunchtime value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We visit Nectar for lunch often. It is great value, with executives and families scattered around the restaurant which is stylishly decorated with Buddha heads and pictures giving a very relaxed atmosphere.

The food is naturally Asian, with Sushi and Sashimi plus lots of quick lunchtime Asian favorites of Fried Rice and Lo Mein with meat or vegetables. Their express lunch is excellent value. Menu is very well labelled for those who need Gluten Free food.

• Visited May 2014