“delicious scallops and bento” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nectar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Berwyn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: SEPTA Berwyn and Daylesford Train Stations are 1-2 miles from the restaurant
Description: "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon…" Dalai Lama.At Nectar, our love for cooking is deeply embedded in that belief.Nectar, a sensuous, sumptuous, savory experience, features the Asian-inspired-French-infused signature cuisine of star chef Patrick Feury.Nectar's eclectically creative menu offers the perfect amalgamation of classic French cooking with the freshest, finest, seasonal and sustainable ingredients. From wild Alaskan salmon to Arctic Char to grass-fed beef to free range poultry to locally grown, hand picked organic produce; Nectar is committed to selecting what is best for our patrons as well as our planet. Our dedication to quality is captured in our extensive collection of wines, craft beer and fresh nectar cocktails. We assiduously pair the varietal notes in our wines to consummately complement our aromatic dishes.Such attention to detail is also illustrated in Nectar's architectural combination of artistry and urban beauty. Designed by the New York-based David Rockwell Group, Nectar showcases a bi-level, stone structure with vaulted ceilings that give room to a towering 18-foot silk-screen Buddha. Resplendent in His robed repose, the Buddha's radiance is reflected in Nectar's impressive interior. The dining room's inviting ambiance of fiery orange glows and warm, lemon yellow and chocolate brown banquettes delivers a kindred spirit to Nectar's distinctive menu.
Annapolis, Maryland
“delicious scallops and bento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We're here from out of town and visited the restaurant after reading reviews on tripadvisor. It was a little fancier than what we were looking for (we're here for a soccer tournament), but the food was delicious and service was great. We were a bit underdressed, but they didn't make us feel unwelcomed or uncomfortable at all. I had the scallops which were recommended by the waiter. They were cooked perfectly with a nice crust on the outside and served with a chipotle sauce and homemade kimchee - a surprisingly good flavor combination. My daughter had the seafood bento for two which she enjoyed as an entrée. It was just enough. Hopefully she is well fueled for her tournament tomorrow!

Visited May 2013

Devon, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wow, I loved it.
Wonderful service very nice . Foods are awsome . Very nice wines .The decor is really nice and I lved the music. Will need to go back.

Visited September 2012
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“Consistent and Very Good, but Also Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food at Nectar is always of high standards and freshness. They really do a nice job of integrating locally sourced foods into a creative menu. The sushi is good, but not fabulous. Overall, you will always enjoy Nectar. We're lucky to have such a cosmopolitan venue in the 'burbs, but you will pay metropolitan prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
malvern
“Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to Nectar just to relax after a difficult week. I surprised my husband by making reservations and not telling him where. We were seated right away near the window.
That turned out to be a very good thing.

My husband ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc - wish I'd thought to get the name (sorry) but
it was from New Zealand. A taste of his wine convinced me to order my own. Husband ordered
calamari and said they were excellent. They looked different from Italian fried calamari. They were very white..I suspect panko crumbs. The calamaricame with edamame. They were OK but I'm not a huge fan of edamame. The frizzled onions in the bowl were excellent, though.

Husband had the softshell crab prepared in a sauce with chilis. I'd like to be more helpful about how it was prepared but I don't eat softshelled crab and he's not the descriptive type, though he said it was very flavorful and had a bit of kick to it. My dish, however, was extraordinary. I had one of their specials - the pan seared scallops with black truffle risotto The scallops were big and fresh and perfectly browned and cooked. They were placed on a bed of the risotto with
an emulsion of what tasted like butter and cream with the perfect amount of truffle. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

We will return - next time we'll save room for dessert. We've had dessert there before and it is as wonderful as the savories. Oh, and by the way when I mentioned sitting by the window....
the power went out early in the dinner. Nectar has some generators and it appeared that other diners were still getting their dinner but with the candles and sparse lighting, the ambience
was just fine with us. A lovely evening all around.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food - but needs a bit of a refurb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Always a wonderful meal, but the cvhairs are looking a bit knackered and the carpeting has seen better days. Time for a refurb Nectar......

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere