“sonny is a terrible employee” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1329 Bristol Pike, Bensalem, PA 19020 (Formerly Hampton Inn Philadelphia Northeast / Bensalem)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
“sonny is a terrible employee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I am still staying at this hotel as I lay here reading all these reviews. and rite mine. I have been here 5 days the location breakfast pool and guests are very good. room smells air condition smells. ceiling fan in bathroom leaks water when ever s1 above your room showers. you can be sitting on toilet n water drips on you from s1 else's shower ewww. maitnence guys are very nice. front desk people are great except for this guy sunny that I want to smack fire out of. every request or question I have for him he makes faces n I can see it through the reflection on the front doors when I walk outside. I really think he is a bad sead to this hotel. the pool is great and the air conditions are deff not fixed but for the price it's great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
HIEBensalem, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. These issues have been taken to the appropriate department heads and will be addressed immediately. As I have stated before, the air conditioning units are new and are still being installed in rooms that have been an issue. We are glad that you enjoyed the location, the breakfast, and the pool and will definitely continue to address all of the issues that you have mentioned.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here with our Nationals Softball Travel Team. 13 rooms booked and all were happy with accommodations. Could not touch another property for the price with outdoor pool and full hot breakfast including Eggs, Sausage and pancakes. Hotel staff was attentive. Hotel was very quiet over our 5 day stay. Nice, very safe area, close to dozens of restaurants and Parks Casino. Dunkin Dounuts and Rita's 150 feet from Hotel Parking lot. As most others mentioned the air conditioning unit is a little noisy but keep room at a nice comfortable temperature. Bathrooms are small but ours was very clean. Small wetbar in rooms. If you want a refrigerator you need to request one - two people in our group did and it was brought to their rooms. The 2nd elevator was out of service but we never had to wait. I hear a few people knocking this hotel but lets be realistic for the rate $89 - $119 it's clean, safe, free breakfast and and a large outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIEBensalem, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad everyone had a great time and hope to see you back next year!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family arrived in Philadelphia for a 11 night stay. We arrived on a Saturday, I had called the hotel to let them know I was a Platinum member and I wanted to request a upgrade to a suite, this was two weeks in advance, I was told it shouldn't be a issue but to call back a couple of days before check-in. I called back two days and the day before check-in, both calls I was stated that it is no issue in getting a suite..
Got to the hotel, total mayhem, the clerk, Sonny, was unable to take care of my needs. He finally told me he had a Queen Suite, but the A/C only gets cold, not freezing, the room was so hot and humid, he put me into the only available room, a queen with a hide-a-bed.
He informed me he will get me into a new suite on Monday, at check-in and at no time was I thanked for being a Platinum member. I felt I was treated very rudely not only by him, but by the hotel manager Mr. Velasquez who listened to me yet didn't do anything. In my discussion, I could tell that the example that he set, is the way his associates followed.
I was totally embarrassed for myself, my family and the associates at the hotel who work with this kind of example set by Sonny and Mr. Velasquez. This was by far the worst Holiday Inn experience ever!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for all of your comments. I am so sorry that you were not recognized as a platinum member. We try to go above and beyond for our VIPs making sure they have the best stay possible. I can assure you that we have gotten all new A/C units in the rooms that were having issues. This summer has been quite the hot one and some units could just not keep up so we went ahead and took those out of the hotel completely. I will also be sure to talk with those employees that are still here to bring your comments to their attention. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

When we arrived to the hotel, it looked OK. Yes, it could use some updates but that wasn't a major flaw to us. There are 2 elevators, one of which was broken the entire time we were there. The refrigerater was not working, reported it & it took the repairman a little while to realize the light switch controls whether it stays on or not. The bathroom was small which was fine but we literally could scrape soap scum off of the soap dish & walls. The maid service was awful. They "made" our beds by throwing the pillows at the head board, making the bed with the remote control in it(which took quite some time to find). They also never replenished any washcloths & soap & left us with none. We complained to the front desk to which their reply was sorry but they did make your beds, right? The complimentary breakfast was a joke as we never were able to eat there because it wasnt stocked so we had to go elsewhere. The ice machine never has ice so we always had to check other floors. This is not my first time at a H.I.E but I can assure you we will never return here.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear lacymae,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family july 2013. Room was clean and fresh. It was hot, but the AC got the room nice and cold. Bathroom was a little small but really average for most hotels.

There was a pool outside that was really awesome. Perfect water temperature and nice and clean. Bonus was that we had it all to ourselves.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good, well above average compared to some other places. Eggs, pancakes made in a little automatic machine, oatmeal, cereal, juice machine, sausage, etc.

Ovrrall, reallyhappy with our stay. I could tell the place was older but it was also clear that the ac units and furniture were much newer

Rome
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We always stay at Holiday Inns, and this one was our only disappointment. The room had a foul odor to it upon entering. We decided not to use the air conditioning because of this, and the next morning the floor was soaked under the air conditioner. The toilet did not flush properly and we had to have maintenance come. The bathroom was tiny..no counter space at all. The fan did not work in the bathroom as well. The whole experience wasn't good and we were surprised that this Holiday Inn wasn't up to par with all the rest we have stayed in. We won't be back to this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear fireflyRome,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

While on business in Philadelphia, I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for several days. Location was very convenient and the neighborhood was very safe. There is a Dunkin Donuts located across the parking lot, a small shopping plaza (Grocery store, movie theater and other businesses) across the street and the Parx Casino is only 10 minutes away.

The staff I encountered were polite and accommodating and I was very pleased. As far as the building, it could definitely use some renovation work. The AC unit in my room was very loud, the bathroom was VERY small (shower floods the floor), the exhaust fan in the bathroom (with a pull-chain) did nothing and whatever disinfectant spray the housekeeping staff uses in the hallways is particularly potent and overbearing. The bed, TV, furniture, etc. were all fine and the wireless network made it very convenient for doing business work on my laptop.

For a short stay, I'd definitely recommend this Holiday Inn. To the management: you're on the right track, please make some improvements and you'll have a great property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear SvPistol,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It is also nice to know that you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that all your comments will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem? Share your experiences!