“Decent Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area

You added Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3327 Street Road, Bensalem, PA 19020 (Formerly InnPlace Hotel Bensalem)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Pittsburgh, PA
“Decent Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds are a bit too soft/lumpy for my taste. I was in several rooms and the beds were all like this. Plugs kept falling out of the outlets. Shower had a bit of mold.

Hotel is okay for a quick stay but it needs some updates.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Collegeville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel use to be very nice, and have a complimentary breakfast which was also nice. Unfortunately, it has gotten worse. The only handicapped room with a king bed had no heat. The elevator worked intermittently due to the wind per the repairman. The breakfast which was being served in a frigid dining area no long has any warm food except some oatmeal which would not stay warm long enough to eat in the conditions. The bowls of fresh fruit have disappeared. The room we were moved to was not handicapped accessible, management did not exist, and the poor clerk in her coat, hat, and gloves standing in front of a space heater was colder than we were.

Room Tip: Find a room with a working heater.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear lynnewinne,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I apologize for the problems experienced with the room accommodation, elevator and hotel condition. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is tucked back a bit from the street, but sitting a golfball's drive to the Parx Casino. At the hotel on business, but I can imagine this place must get all the Casino business. Room was very clean and the bed slept like a cloud! Staff service was beyond wonderful... I arrived during a big snow storm, and when I looked out of my window the next morning, I confirmed that there was at least 8 inches of snow on the ground... To further confirm my admiration of their amazing guest service, I found that my car had already been cleared of snow by their maintenance guy! This hotel is redefining great guest service. Complimented the General Manager, Sherry, upon checkout and she told me that the hotel will become EVEN BETTER this summer when it completes its renovations! I saw picture proof! No brainer that this is the place to stay when you're in the Philly/Bensalem corridor... Or if you plan to gamble your life savings away next door at the Casino!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
York Haven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel is not at all like it was three months ago when I stayed there. They have not made any improvements since they renamed it from a courtyard by Marriott. It needs a lot of improvement and could stand a good cleaning.
They used to include a free hot breakfast which has been eliminated. Now all they offer is cereal and toast. What a let down! They charge $15 for a casino shuttle to take you around the block behind the hotel to the casino. What a rip off!
Our room was close to the elevator where we heard motor noises from the elevator all night long. It was not good.
Be careful when choosing this hotel…you get what you pay for!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sora, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I needed a place to stay for a night in the Philly area and I had been to Bensalem years before and thought it would be a good area to stay. Using Priceline I ended up here. After then reading the reviews I was dreading staying here.

I shouldn't have worried. I will not say that the other people were wrong but my experience was very good. I am a world traveler for both business and pleasure. This was an excellent experience especially for the price. If I would have paid the normal rate I would rate it a 4 instead of a five but still I would stay here again.

Yes it is a little aged but the only thing that I felt needed upgrading were the elevators. The room was nice and updated. I was on the third floor. The bathroom is a normal size and was plenty big enough with all the amenities. The Internet was free and fast. The bed was comfortable and the climate control system worked perfect.

The check-in person was excellent. He was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Checkout was friendly and easy as well.

I found the parking to be well lit out front and very safe. I had no issues with anything. Breakfast was a little bland but still that was fine as well. There is a TGI Friday's close by and you are close to the Intestate highways.

I would stay here again. Happy travels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Yonkers, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My fiance and I were going to visit Parx Casino in Bensalem so were wanted to stay somewhere close and booked a room here. The casino is literally across the parking lot so you could defintely walk there if you didn't want to drive. Did not experience any car vandalism during our stay. Our room was in the corner on the second floor. It was okay for one night. Could definitely use a makeover. The bed did not face the angle of the television so had to watch TV sideways from bed. The bathroom was ok, but the toilet was a bit loose at the base but there were no leaks. They're obviously doing renovations on the upper floor as there was a large tube used to pass debris right outside our window. Luckily they didn't start working too early as I'm sure that would have been very disturbing. The staff was pleasant overall. Did not have the complimentry breakfast. Might stay there again for a one-nighter at the right price.

Room Tip: The corner room is larger, but you may want to check if there is still renovations going on.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My car, along with 9 others, were broken into in their parking lot on 10/4/13. Hotel management could care less and never left the hotel to assist anyone with the piles of glass in their vehicles.I work in the area and I was told this happens with some frequency at the hotel. The hotel itself is dated on the inside. It as tube televisions and old beds.I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area? Share your experiences!