“Very nice and enjoyable little getaway for two very busy people.” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3901 Old Street Road, Bensalem, PA 19020   |
Special Offer
Complimentary CHAMPAGNE
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Bensalem
“Very nice and enjoyable little getaway for two very busy people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I both work alot (2 jobs each) and have a lot of responsibilities regarding each of our families. Since we have a lot to handle on a normal basis we wanted to have a little time alone but couldn't go too far from our homes. This was the perfect place for our relaxing romantic getaway! We enjoyed the time we had and will probably come back again in the future because it was such a good experience especially on our budgets. Thanks again!

• Stayed December 2011

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Took advantage of a nice quiet get away. The staff was very friendly upon arriving. The room was VERY CLEAN, with nice rose and candy on the bed waiting for us. The walk in shower was wonderful and nice secluded entrace for each room. The fireplace was nice, everything about the room and expierence was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
innofthedove, General Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Inn of the Dove, Bensalem for your recent stay.

All of us feel so proud to read such a fantastic review from you. We are all thrilled to know that you had an incredible experience and you have taken fond memories of your stay with you.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back with your friends and family and make your next trip more memorable.

General manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Had a wonderful experience!!! Employee's were very courteous and friendly as well as helped me get there when I got a little lost!!!

The round bed was hard to sleep on as there was no support for the pillows so they kept falling behind the bed. And it wasn't long enough for my boyfriend who is over 6'. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: You may not want a round bed, it was difficult to sleep on and if you're over 6' it's a...
Downingtown PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband surprised me for my birthday with an over night stay in the swimming pool suite and it was amazing. We had our own swimming pool in a room with lounge chairs, and a jacuzzi tub. In the front room we had a king bed with wood-burning fireplace, wet bar with sodas, water, coffee, tea and some snacks. Nice 42" flat screen tv on the wall. Bathroom had a large walk-in-shower with two shower heads. Everything was just very nice and the room was very clean. We had a nice time and would stay here again. (This is our 2nd stay here and we are never dissapointed.)

Room Tip: Go for the pool room its worth it.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your in depth detail of your stay with the TripAdvisor community.

All of us are all thrilled to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the overall aspect of the hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments as this will be a tremendous source of inspiration for our team members.

We eagerly await your return to visit Inn of the Dove again.

Warm regards,
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was surprised by a special someone with a little getaway the night after my 30th birthday, and I have to say that this was by far one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in!

I walked into a clean beautiful room with a balloon arrangement, fresh roses, a 20oz apple-scented jar candle, and a delicious chocolate birthday cake. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the sheets and pillows were better than what I have at home. The complimentary fire log, beverages, and champagne were icing on the cake. We had a late check-out, which we could CALL IN as opposed to actually going to the lobby! AMAZING STAY!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your stay with the TripAdvisor community.

Nothing gives us more joy to know that we as a team could make your dream come true. All of us are overwhelmed to learn that your birthday was an experience of a lifetime and you have cherished every moment of your stay with us.

Your recognition for our team members is truly motivating this will indeed inspire all of us to work towards creating more delights for our guests.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards
General manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I booked the 'Jungle Suite' here for an overnight stay in celebration of my boyfriends birthday.
I must say it was an all over spectacular experience! The virtual tours you take online are exactly the same as what you walk into. The room was very clean, well maintained (except for 3 ceiling lights that seemed to be burned out by the door, but there was enough light otherwise) and the feel of the room is not cheesy (even for being jungle themed).
Jacuzzi and bathroom were freshly cleaned, and there were more than enough clean towels to be had. Front desk staff were nice, and had a good sense of humor. Complimentary fire log brought a warm smile to both our faces, and was nice to come back to after venturing out for smokes in the chilly fall air we were nice and toasty. I especially liked the fact that each room is very private even on the outside. The patio area and even where you park your car is secluded, you have no worries about venturing out in your bathrobe and being seen. The grounds outside your room are also meticulously maintained.
We paid for a late check-out (which is a great suggestion if you aren't a morning person) and unlike other hotels where you have maids banging at your door 15 minutes before your time's up, there was no pressure or calls from front desk to see if we had departed yet.
We were not given a free bottle of champagne upon arrival, but I also forgot to inform the front desk of my boyfriends birthday...and I also don't know if it's complimentary for anniversaries only.
We both cried a little when we had to leave, we will definitely be returning as soon as possible. ( want to try and book the pool room next! ) This is a perfect couples getaway! I would recommend anyone and everyone to stay here, even if just by yourself. :)
HAPPY BOOKING!

Room Tip: All rooms at hotel are not built smashed together with paper thin walls, any room is great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
suburban Philadelphia Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

On July 21-22 2011 a friend and I spent two days at the swimming pool suite at the Inn of the Dove in Bensalem. It was our third time there, and it just seems to get better every time. As always, everything was very clean and in excellent condition. The water in the pool was clean and a nice temperature, and the jacuzzi was comfortable and relaxing. The grounds are beautifully maintained, and the staff and management were very courteous and helpful. I give it my highest recommendation!

Room Tip: The swimming pool suite is well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!