“Awesome hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Cleveland, Ohio
“Awesome hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were absolutely pleased with this hotel. Everything about it was exceptional. We were in the Philadelphia area to take our 2 year old to Sesame Place. We only stayed here for one night then opted for something next to the park the 2nd night so we could we could utilize the free shuttle and for naps...not to mention we had "credit" for a free night at any Choice Hotel. Otherwise I would have stayed at this hotel a 2nd night...it was that great.
I would say it was the best hotel I've been in in a long time. It was clean, fresh and inviting. The beds were cozy. They had a decent continental breakfast in the morning too. The front desk staff was nice as was the breakfast host.
The only downfall would be that there isn't a pool. But, we really didn't need one because we got in so late and just wanted to go to sleep. But, had we been there a 2nd night, a pool would have been a nice option to have.
It's in a decent area with lots of restaurants to choose from.

• Liked — It was clean and cozy!
  • Disliked — It doesn't have a pool.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

I booked this for a wedding weekend and it was perfectly suited for my needs. My companions wished there had been a pool, but the location was great, the property was immaculate, and everything was very clean and comfortable inside the room.

My only complaint would be that they don't replenish the breakfast items at all once it gets within a half hour-to-hour before it ends. By the time I reached the free continental breakfast, there was no juice left, no bagels, no cream cheese, no eggs, practically nothing--there were some packaged english muffins but that's about it. The woman who was there and supposed to be stocking it just looked at me and turned around...maybe they want to save money? I don't know, but it didn't spoil my stay or anything, it was just a little annoying.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting Philadelphia.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

My fiancee and I recently stayed here it is quiet,clean and restaurants are close by. Also is walking distance to Philadelphia Park

• Liked — Quietness and Location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
long island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

This hotel is right on the main strip, but although I am a light sleeper, I didn't find the noise to be a problem. I asked if I could have room facing the back, I was told that the queen bed rooms faced the front. I don't know if that was how they are, or if that was just left.
The other reviews were on the money. The breakfast was prepackaged bagels and they had cereal for the kids. My daughter left her pretend pocket book and pretend cellphone in the room and they called me shortly after I checked out to so advise me.
I stayed because I was in the area to visit family locally, and to have close proximity to Philly. It was less than a half hour to the visitor center. But because this hotel is near Sesame Place, I felt the $107 AAA rate I got was slightly high- but it was the day before the holiday weekend, so perhaps at other times you could do better.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — the high stools and bar like tables for the breakfast buffet. Very difficult for youn children.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

nice and clean hotel not expensive at all I really enjoyed the stay here and would highly recommend this hotel. The service was fantastic had a great stay.

• Liked — the price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bolivia, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

The Sleep Inn is fairly new and I agree with comments that others have made about how clean everything is. However, like one of the other travelers, we had a loose toilet that we immediately reported. When we left 2 days later the toilet still had not been properly repaired and it rocked back and forth every time someone sat on it. The reception staff were not at their sharpest when I checked in and out. At check in the receptionist was clearly more interested in whatever was on the TV in the nearby breakfast room than in giving me her undivided attention. When we checked out I took the bags to the car at about 6:15 and saw that the young man at the reception desk was sound asleep. When I checked out a few minutes later another guest was checking out and had awakened him. My opinion is that this is a good motel if you want to stay in this immediate area but you can probably do better financially at nearby towns.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Disinterested staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
bklynmom2boys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

We stayed here on an overnight trip , it is in a great location, has many restaurants & attractions very nearby & IT IS VERY CLEAN ! I would definitely recommend it to anyone ! I thank trip advisor for helping me find this hotel!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!