“Cozy and comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beattyville, Kentucky
“Cozy and comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Spent two nights here on a trip to get together with some friends in the Jamison/Doylestown area. Chose this facility based on the recommendations here and was not sorry that I did.

Prior to my stay, I had communicated with Carla Blizzard about this property vs. another property she is affiliated with and she was very helpful in addressing the questions a total stranger sent to her Facebook page.

Check-in went well, my room was already ready and my request for a first-floor room was honored. The room itself was clean and comfortable, if a bit small, but there were no issues. There was a refrigerator but no microwave, plenty of choices on the TV, and good wi-fi service. Comfortable bed. Average water pressure in the shower, not as good as home but a lot better than most hotels/motels I've stayed in.

The front desk clerk was efficient and professional upon check-in and was kind enough to offer pizza recommendations.

The location is decent. There are a lot of dining and shopping choices along Street Road in both directions from the hotel. The Parx casino is also just a few lights down the street, but I didn't go either evening I stayed in the area. I felt a bit edgy with some of the residents of the apartments behind the hotel hanging out in the parking lot but experienced no trouble. It's also right off the PA Turnpike and the EZ-Pass only eastbound exit (352) puts you out very close to the hotel.

Two nitpicks. One is that the door at the end of the hall was not functional from entry from the outside, even with the use of the key card. You had to go around to the front door to get in. Thankfully the hall door had been propped open with a small rock for most of my stay and I only had to go around to the front once.

The other was breakfast. I was a little disappointed in the lack of fresh hot breakfast items like most Sleep Inns offer. There were warmed-up Jimmy Dean sausage and french toast sandwiches. I only ate on Saturday morning, as I needed to make an early departure on Sunday and didn't have time to eat before I left.

A sign said to pardon the mess during renovation efforts, but I saw nothing to indicate that construction was in progress and was not impacted by it at all.

There was nothing here that would cause me not to stay again if I was traveling along the PA Turnpike corridor or needed a place to stay in the northeast Philadelphia area. The rate is probably very good for the area.

Room Tip: Use any available discounts to get a better rate over what's posted.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! After exchanging a few messages with you before your stay I was anxious to read your review, being in the travel industry in sorts yourself. We value all feedback, it allows us to improve. I have addressed the issue with the door. While we have never had any real issues with the apartments behind us we have plans already to fence that area off. The fact that you mentioned the uneasy feeling just confirmed our thoughts. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am always willing to help people with any questions, no matter how they reach me! We are doing renovations, they were just not going on while you were there! We are actually almost finished. It has not really impacted many of the guests. We are updating our breakfast and am sorry to hear you did not get to try our fresh made waffles, maybe on another trip. Again, thank you for your review! We appreciate all feedback and I put it to good use. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tonawanda, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a funeral in Northeast Philadelphia and we have 2 dogs we travel with. I looked at multiple hotels and the Sleep Inn had everything we wanted. They offered a deluxe continental breakfast. They had waffles, pancakes, fruit, danish, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee and hot water for tea. The breakfast area was very clean, as was the room and other public areas. The morning of the funeral our toilet backed up I went down to the front desk and was told they would send the maintainance person up immediately. We took our dogs out to the car and went and had the deluxe breakfast. By the time we were done with breakfast the toilet was fixed and the room had been cleaned. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We have family in Philly and will certainly go back to the Sleep Inn. Also the price for a pet was $10 per pet and they accept larger dogs. We have two Labs, one is 80# and the other is 65# and a lot of hotels that accept pets only accept small pets or only 1 per room. The only problem is the entrance was difficult for us to find when we arrived at 6pm. Street Rd is very busy and it has a mediam separating east and west bound traffic and the driveway to use at a traffic light just looks like the entrance to the hotel next door. So we drove down to the next light and made a U-turn and had to come back, but in daylight we were able to see the other entrance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you had trouble finding our entrance and due to construction on the road it is even more difficult. We try to make sure to mention the entrance at the light because often people don't notice it goes right into our property. We understand people do travel with larger animals and are more than happy to accomodate people when that is the case. After all pets are family too! While your visit wasn't for a happy event we look forward to seeing you again at a better time. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel was fine in a pinch. Room was generally clean and comfortable. Carpet in room was pretty dirty and worn. Due to Hurricane Sandy and all the workers at the hotel - there was not enough hot water in the morning. Mentioned the lack of hot water to desk staff and was not offered any form of compensation, just a light apology.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I do apologize for any issues you had during your stay. Due to the traffic from the storm relief groups staying at the hotel we have not had our normal time to do deep cleaning of carpets. Due to being completely booked with relief workers there was a strain on our water heater because everyone was preparing to leave at the same time or was arriving back at night at the same time. This is an issue beyond our control and we apologize for any discomfort you may have had.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

stayed here for 8 nights due to hurricane sandy.
staff were great.
no problem helping me with laundry,ice extending stay etc
hotel near rt 1 and not far from 95.
got to princeton and philly easily
rooms clean
hotel is getting a facelift currently

• Stayed November 2012
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We tried our best to help everyone during the storm and were very flexible with changes in stays. I hope that our renovations did not disturb your stay but hope if you are in the area again you will return to see the finished product. Thank you again.
New York NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

When I reserve on line, I request a ground floor. I know this request is not reviewed until the day of the reservation, but this Sleep Inn has often ignored my request. In three instances night staff tells me my request was not responded to. They tell me the request was possible that day, but it wasn't addressed by the staff, so I end up on the third floor.

Room Tip: Follow up any request made in an online reservation. This staff ignores requests.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to review the Sleep Inn. We appreciate all feedback because it allows us to focus on any issues guests may have. I have addressed this issue with staff and hope that upon your next stay we can better accomodate you. We are always trying to better each guests stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Inwood WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is close to THE PARX Casino and adequately priced for being so close.

The Plus Side...
This is a very clean and well maintained property.

The Downside...
Very small rooms, hard beds, bed pillows are tiny (not average size), the free breakfast offered is VERY limited.

Room Tip: I heard that the suites in The Sleep Inn are a better choice
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all feedback we receive because it allows us to focus on issues we may need to address. Our location is one of our top features. We hope to see you again!
Middletown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I frequently stay at this location and have since it opened. The Bensalem Sleep Inn has the friendliest and most professional staff I have ever encountered. The property is well maintained and very clean. From management to the front desk staff to the housekeeping personnel, they all are extremely accommodating and responsive to guest needs. I rate the property and staff A++.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value every guest and treat each one like family. We try to take care of every little need when you travel to make things easier. We appreciate your visits and look forward to the next!

Been to Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!