“Great Value for the money!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Description: (215)633-0888
Description: (215)633-0888
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Great Value for the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you want a good meal (Sushi or Habachi) you really should give this place a try. For visitors to the area, easy to get to from I95 or PA Turnpike, we have been there and will go back again. They have the traditional Habachi grill tables for those who like that and plenty of standard tables for those who would rather not have the show. They feature 1/2 price sushi (well worth the money and great quality) as well as a full Japanese menu.. My wife and I shared four specialty sushi rolls with green tea and got out of there for around $40 including tip. Not too bad! I think that the spicy tuna roll was around $4. The place is clean and inviting and the staff is very friendly and helpful. You should give this place a try!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Sushi for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We love sushi and love trying out different places. We were at first hesitant to try Shogun because of the neon signs and the every day half off sushi deal. Plus, it's in a shopping mall. Yet, once trying it, we have yet to go anywhere else in a year. The prices are so cheap and the food is of such high quality. Their hibachi is also great. The chefs are fun and really talented. I would say you pay about half what you pay at other hibachi and sushi places. It is also BYOB, so that saves money:)

• Visited June 2012
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“50% Off Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

After being a regular at the 50% off sushi place across the street, I decided to try Shogun after seeing a 50% sign on their door as well. The prices were awesome. You can't beat 3 rolls for $7.

We were seated at a booth. I felt with every move I made the booth moved 2 inches, even with a girl sitting on the opposite side of the booth. We asked to switch to a table and it was better.

There are four or five hibachi tables on one side of the restuarant. There is little to no sound barrier between the sushi side and hibachi side. We could hear everything going on on the one table filled getting hibachi. When it gets busy, it probably would be very loud and annoying.

The service was friendly and the food came out quicker than I expected. The sushi was good and delicious! This is my new favorite sushi place in the area. I will be returning here and the other place will be losing business.

• Visited July 2011
Historic Philadelphia
“Stick with the sushi, if you want hot go hibachi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011 via mobile

I've been going to Shogun for several years now. Their "50% off sushi" can't be beat. Debatable as to whether or not it's a gimic (the place across the street has a similar deal), the pieces are very tasty. We love the Street Roll among others. Mainly we do this as take out and I heartily endorse this menu.

On the other hand, if you're looking for good service, you'll be disappointed. We decided to go for a sit down meal there for a change (we loved the BBQ squid the last time we had it). We were promptly seated and offered warm wipes. We placed our order and opened the wine (they're BYO). Soup and salad came. They took away those dishes and brought us our BBQ squid and entrees together. We didn't see our server again.

The squid was cold. Last time it was served sizzling and melted in our mouths. This time, still tasty, it was cold and a bit chewy. No server to ask how it was.

My partner's sea bass was hot and done to perfection. My tuna was cooked properly but served cold on a cold plate with cold vegies. The flavor was very good, but it would have been better if it wasn't cold.

We finally saw a waiter when we were done (it was someone different than who originally served us). Oh, another couple came in after us and they were seated literally back to back with us (if I leaned back, we would have klonked heads). We were the only two tables. My partner asked to speak with a manager, it didn't happen.

So, if you want great inexpensive sushi, this is your place. We're going to stick with take out for the forseeable future.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Great sushi near the casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stopped here a couple times now and continue to be pleased. Located in a strip mall between the highway and Parx, it offers hibachi and sushi, but the sushi rolls are what brings us back. The last time we were there, they seemed to be running a semi-permananent half-price special on many of their rolls. The Violet Roll made with eggplant was our absolute favorite, and we really have to give their sushi chef props for both artistry and taste.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere