“Thank You Avalon Motel For Budget Rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellevue
Avalon Motel
You added Avalon Motel to your Saves list
512 Ohio River Blvd., Route 65, Bellevue, PA 15202   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
Frankfurt, Germany
“Thank You Avalon Motel For Budget Rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

By Alan , 12/18/09
I am a reporter and was covering G-20 meeting during September 24-25, 2009. It was hard to get a room at a reasonable price. Avalon Motel was my savoir. Its daily rates were under $45.00 including taxes, while Hilton Pittsburgh wanted $287.00 plus taxes. Avalon Motel rooms were clean and staff very helpful. The Bus 16A was right in front of the Motel to take me to downtown Pittsburgh. I have travelled for G-20 meeting coverage to about 9 countries, I found this Motel extremely reasonable, comfortable and Economical. McDonald and Wendy's resturants were next door. I recommend this Motel and I shall retrurn.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
crosscountrywalker
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I am backpacking cross-country so I have stayed in plenty of cheap and rough hotels. This was by far the worst hotel I have been at in my entire life. The place was beyond filthy. There were pubic hairs on the TV stand, The sheets were stained, The towel was stained. The toilet didn't flush. One window was covered by plywood. There were chunks of spackle on the walls and dirt hung in stringy drips from the ceiling. The rug was in serious need of a good vacuum and every surface was grimy. Not only did I not sit on the toilet seat and sleep in my sleeping bag, but I didn't even want to put my backpack down--and I have put it down on the side of the road in mud. I would have called the health and safety department but I get a sense that there are some people who would become homeless as a result.

This hotel is truly terrible

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

He called my an sob and said he didn't like the gd'ed private number I called from. He was the most ignortant person I have ever heard in a so call business.

• Stayed May 2009
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

My wife and my stay was excellent at Avalon Motel. We arrived late at night, still service at desk was courteous. Room rates were very economical, rather being on cheaper side.
Room were very clean and bathroom was decent.
Our visit to the restaurant and bar located in the motel was very pleasant. Waitress was very courteous and music was soothing.
Overall my wife was so happy with stay, we plan to return here.

• Liked — Clean rooms at economical cost
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

Please Beware --------- The room was filthy. Cigarette burns and stains on the sheets, sticky, dirty carpeting, food wrappers on fllor and an unflushed toilet. Never again. Spent one night and found a beautiful hotel for the rest of the stay for 8 dollars more

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Avalon Motel? Share your experiences!