“Wonderfully Romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellefonte
Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast
You added Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
101 West Linn Street, Bellefonte, PA 16823   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellefonte B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderfully Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

For Valentine's Day, my husband and I stayed at this establishment. It was amazing. We stayed in the Nittany Blue room which was absolutely beautiful. My husband had ordered the romance package so when we arrived, there was a bottle of wine and red roses thrown about the jacuzzi. He also arranged through the B&B for us to get massages in our room. It was nice how they took care of everything so all we had to do was answer the door. It was a very nice touch. One of the nice things about going to B&B's is the uniqueness of the rooms. This has been my first experience where we were allowed to look in every unregistered room to see the decorations. I think it really helped to fully experience the mansion. The breakfast itself was delicious. I loved the idea of having dessert first! I also loved how there was coffee and tea available right outside our bedrooms in the morning. Charlotte was a sweetheart and great to deal with. Unfortunately, she mentioned that they are trying to sell the B&B so hopefully the next owners will be just as wonderful.

Overall, the B&B was one of the best we have ever been to and it really made an amazing weekend for us. This is some place that we would definitely go again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice getaway.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

I got married in the living room of the Reynolds Mansion on December 19, 2008. The whole mansion was decorated for christmas, including a huge christmas tree that went the whole way up to the second floor! The staff was wonderful; they were very hospitable and kind to our 25 guests and didn't mind that people lingered to take photos following the wedding ceremony. We also spent 2 nights there in the Nittany Blue room which was fabulous! The room has a fireplace and a jacuzzi and the couple of days that we spent there were the most relaxing I've had in a long time. The mansion speaks for itself, but the owner and innkeeper made the experience so much more special (the innkeeper Mark even took care of starting and turning down the music for our ceremony :). There are several common rooms in which to relax and read or converse, as well as a game room. My only complaint is that the bed was squeaky,lol. I adore Bellefonte! It's a beautiful victorian town that has something to offer any season of the year. I would also recommend if you stay at the Reynolds Mansion, that you eat at the Gamble Mill Restaurant; it's fantastic! My husband and I look forward to going back for every anniversary!!!

• Liked — The atmosphere, gourmet breakfast, and staff
  • Disliked — The squeaky bed
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

The Reynolds Mansion was wonderful. Went to visit relatives nearby. The Mansion is historical and well tended. The rooms were diverse and comfortable and breakfast was gourment. I only wish I had more time to visit the public rooms - there is even a game room!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Newtown, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

We found the Reynolds Mansion on TripAdvisor, but went to the website to look at the rooms. This mansion is even more magnificent than its website can possibly convey. The ceilings are high; the common areas are spacious and decorated with period pieces; the woodwork has been meticulously restored, and the whole house is impeccably clean.

My husband and I stayed in the Garden Room, but Mark gave us a tour of the rest of the house. Each room is well-appointed, but each room is unique; all have separate baths, and most have whirlpools. Ours had a steam shower, a new experience for us.

You can play billiards in the billiard room, spend time in the living room, or read or check out DVD's in the "snuggery"; coffee is always available, and there is even complimentary brandy available at night!

Mark made us a gourmet breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, omelettes, and scones. He was gracious and helpful.

The city of Bellefonte is historic, with many Victorian mansions. My husband and I had both attended Penn State, only 10 miles away, but neither of us knew Bellefonte is such a beautiful spot to visit!

• Liked — the spacious, well-appointed rooms & the breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Highland, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

My husband and I were wowed by the beautiful furnishings, lovely grounds and warm hospitality at the Reynolds Mansion. It is close to downtown, so there is lots to do and see within walking distance. Charlotte took us on a tour of all the guest rooms, since we had the house to ourselves. We stayed in the Green Room, which was very spacious with a masculine decor (my husband is new to the B&B experience, so I didn't want him to be overwhelmed with Victorian lace and ruffles!). The breakfast was delicious and different, not the same old, same old. We fell in love with the town of Bellafonte, so we hope to return for a visit. When we do, we'll definitely stay again at the Reynolds Mansion.

• Liked — The architecture and furnishings
  • Disliked — On a busy, noisy street
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

Just got back on a whirlwind tour of Pa-based B&B's - the Reynolds Mansion in Bellefonte was fantastic.

Stayed n the Garden Room - large, well-appointed, great steam shower (takes a few minutes to come on).

The Mansion is incredibly well preserved and restored - their web-site pictures don't lie.

Breakfast was the best of the 6 days.

Dinner was down the street about 2 blocks - the Mill, a grainery from the 1700's - great basement bar and menu and wine list. Stay away from Hill Top restaurant - pub food with an attitude.

• Liked — Splendorous Accomodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

We had the perfect weekend getaway at the Reynolds Mansion B&B. The property is in immaculate condition and the mansion is lovely. The hosts were so gracious and it was wonderful to wake up every morning to a delicious home cooked breakfast in the elegant dining room. Our room was very large and comfortable - I could have spent the entire weekend reading in the sitting area by the window! I'm looking forward to our next stay at the Reynolds and would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!