“Sandwiches Like They Used To Make Them” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 27 Restaurants in Bellefonte
Cuisines: American
State College
“Sandwiches Like They Used To Make Them”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The "Diamond Deli", located across the street from the courthouse, is only open for breakfast and lunch and closed on Sundays. I am no "early bird", but whenever I am in the area I try to get there for lunch. They have a wide variety of items on their menu, but what I really like are their classic sandwiches - BLTs, Club Sandwiches, Egg and Tuna Salad Sandwiches, etc. etc. In my opinion nobody does them better than the staff at the "Diamond Deli".
The restaurant is a little hidden away at the end of a - generally seasonally decorated - glass passage way, and some of my friends have never seen it. However, it's certainly worthwhile keeping your eyes open for it. For a further old-fashioned treat stop for ice cream at the adjacent Plumb's Drugstore.

• Visited June 2012