“Fun Time for the Whole Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of KOA Campgrount Bellefonte / State College

KOA Campgrount Bellefonte / State College
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellefonte
KOA Campgrount Bellefonte / State College
You added KOA Campgrount Bellefonte / State College to your Saves list
2481 Jacksonville Road, Bellefonte, PA 16823   |
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fun Time for the Whole Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The family really loves this KOA. We have camped here every year for the past 5 years. They are constantly updating and adding new things. We have stayed in tent sites and most recently in a little cottage. There were activities all weekend to keep the kids entertained. Not only that the pool is heated and the family that owns the place is EXTREMELY friendly!!! We love the Bellefonte KOA!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
State College, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This campground is just OK, in my opinion. Seems like it's there for Penn State football/Arts Fest/4th Fest where they can pack them in tight. As a stand alone campground, it's less than average. Playground equipment was is sad shape for the kids. No activities for the kids non-summer... yet they still charged extra for each one! That was a slap. Bathrooms were ok... not as clean as i like, however. Many of the campsites are cramped. We stayed in the first row and let me say, they are the smallest sites i've ever camped at. The next sites sewer hook-up was literally within 5-feet of our picnic table. Thankfully, there was no camper there. Pets are allowed here and there was a camper two sites over that had two dogs barking all day long (campers weren't around, just the dogs). For my money, I'll find another campground.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is the second year in a row that we booked a tent site for a home Penn State game. We attended the last PSU home game and had some COLD weather but were able to keep warm with ample fire wood and a small heater in our tent. The lady working inside was very nice and helpful when we asked her a few questions about supplies we forgot to bring along. The bathrooms were clean and warm. The campgrounds were quiet and we were able to get a good nights sleep. We will be back next year!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here for only one night while visiting our daughter at Camp Woodward. Rented a lodge which had a living space w/futon, dining table & chairs and kitchenette, separate bathroom w/huge shower, separate bedroom w/bunk beds and a full size bed. We have only recently just gotten hooked on KOA campgounds so only have one more to compare it to. This lodge was roomier and had a great living space, lots of windows, huge deck w/porch swing and propane grill. Wish the kitchenette had a little more counter/cabinet space but it was really well stocked with dishes and cooking supplies plus had a stove which is unusual! Bathroom was fine, again huge shower but showerhead was kind of low--fine for the kids but us adults had to bend down to wash our hair. Bedroom was very tight with all of those beds in in, you couldn't even open the door to the room all of the way without hitting the end of the full bed (maybe turn it the other way?). Would be nice to have a bench or something to put your luggage on but not a really big deal--how much time are you spending in the bedroom anyway....would also be nice to have some hooks on the walls to hang up pool towels etc. Other campground we stayed at had 16 hooks in our cabin and they were a lifesaver with a family of 4.

Lodge was clean however looks like it could use a good once or twice a year deep cleaning: wood trim along floors was really dirty, toaster and coffee pot could use a good outside cleaning, dead bugs on windowsills, freezer needed a serious defrosting. That being said, you're at a campground in the woods, this is not the Waldorf. It was very nice nonetheless...

Since this is a smaller campground than the last one we stayed at, it's easy to walk to everything. Fun activities including a hayride (super long, kids loved it), ice cream social and bingo. Pool is really nice, lots of seating and umbrellas for shade. Grill open for breakfast and dinner (although not sure if only on weekends) and although we didn't eat there, menu items sounded really delicious, especially breakfast items!! Camp store seemed to have all necessities you might need while there.

All of the staff was really friendly and helpful as we have found to be the case at both KOAs plus the main office in Montana. Location is beautiful, scenic and quiet, very relaxing. Town is just a few minutes away with gas station, some fast food choices, drug store and grocery store. Overall, another happy visit to a KOA campground!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I'm not one for camping. But I have some issues to attend to in this area, and I try to introduce my kids to things that don't include t.v. and the computer. So, this KOA has cabins, which are modest but preclude me from setting up a tent. The kids slept in the tent. Everything was very clean. The pools was very nice and the kids enjoyed it. The sundaes are a treat. They have a nice snack bar and store. We cooked over an open fire. The scenery is lovely. The location is ideal. I read reviews about other campsites which aren't as stellar. I've stayed here at least three times, ans would go again. The big thing to me is everything is so clean, and the bathing facilities are updated, and clean as well.

• Stayed August 2011
Baraboo, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I met his parents here for a short stay. They stayed the whole week. I think it was really nice for them as they were older to have easy access and a place to stay with things provided...But be able to put up a tent. I don't know if it is generational or socio-economic...I never camped at KOAs growing up and I just want to put it out there in case anyone is in my position: Great option for elderly campers...Or families that aren't interested in "outdoorsy camping"...My husband and I were just coming back from camping in the mountains for a couple of days and his comment was, "Why not just pitch a tent next to a high school or in your back yard." If you WANT a pool, tennis courts, volleyball pits THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU. If you are looking to be camping to spend time in nature, it is not. The staff was friendly.

When you plug in the address to a GPS...It misdirects you. We got lost on our way there but this could be due to the road construction in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I booked a camp site for the weekend of the Penn State/Michigan game. The site is very accomodating and left us a map with our site number circled since we arrived past 10pm on Friday. Our campsite was easy to find and located right near the bathrooms/shower which was great. The bathrooms are clean, big and warm! I was impressed. Unfortunately, the campsite next to us was extremely loud and rude, but other than that, the place was silent. It was mostly RV sites. We were there for the game, so we did not use any of the camp site amenities other than having a camp fire on Friday night. It was an easy drive to and from Beaver Stadium, in fact we were able to miss the majority of the traffic since most people were driving east after the game. I highly recommend tenting if all the local hotels are booked or you are on a budget. At $35 a night, this was a bargain!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to KOA Campgrount Bellefonte / State College? Share your experiences!