“Don't waste your money or time at Sonny's Grill #2” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 53 Restaurants in Belle Vernon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
East of Pittsburgh
“Don't waste your money or time at Sonny's Grill #2”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

First, I have to say that this is not the address of the Sonny's Grill that I am reviewing. The restaurant we ate at was across from Burger King on Route 201 in Belle Vernon. We had a long wait for a table (with reservations for 6), long wait for food (came out in spurts), our dining experience took two hours. They were out of potatoes, except cold fries or rice. No bread, no offer of drink refill, and the waitress pulled up a chair to take our orders. My husband ordered the filet mignon. $24.95 for a filet and a cup of onion soup, that's it....no potato, no bread, and no salad (unless we paid more).
When I told a friend about the experience, she said that she thinks this is Sonny's second restaurant and that the other, original is located near Arnold City, which is the Mikula Rd address above. She also had a bad experience at Sonny's (#2) and that I should try the original one which she says is much better. I think the prices are too high for what you get, so I'm going to pass on trying the original and we will not be returning to this location no matter how good the crabcakes were.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fun place, good food :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

great crab cakes, nice service and fun decor. We enjoyed our meal immensely. I got a kick out of the shark's head on the wall with his santa hat on~!

Visited November 2012
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We've eaten here twice, since they remodeled and the food was very good. We were a little disappointed that they dropped their endless soup and salad from the menu but we were able to find other selections that we enjoyed. Some of their selections are pricey. It just depends on what you're hungry for at the time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Much improved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just spent an evening here sitting outside on the deck enjoying a couple of cocktails and a light dinner. It's the first time back in over two years. Much improved since then. New bar inside and really good service overall. Wings were tasty. Will definitely be back - great place to relax on a nice summer night. We need places like this in Belle Vernon.

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Average food, not great crab.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

The food here is just average here and I was really displeased with the crab cakes and pizza. Located right accross the street from the one of Fayette Counties largest projects, remember to lock up your valubles before you walk in.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere