“Delicious! Great restaurant, good deal.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Belle Vernon
Cuisines: Mexican
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious! Great restaurant, good deal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

It is so nice to have some different choices in the surrounding areas. Old Mexico is a worth the trip, very reasonable. The service is excellent, big portions. If you like Mexican food, you will like this. Try the fried ice cream!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Cute addition to the area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife & I have eaten in the original resturant which is in Washington PA, and have always enjoyed the food The atmosphere is nice and decorated niceley in Mexican decour. The wait staff is courteous and are all Mexican really adds to the atmosphere. My wife ordered a shrimp salad with no tomatoes & itailian dressing, when is arrived was full of tomatoes and no dressing, not a big deal as she picked them off but thought they understood our order. Other than that the meals were what we expected. The resturant was about half full and eveyone seemed to enjoy the place. So if you are in the Belle Vernon area give it a try. I think you will find it to your enjoyable.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“The Best Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Newly opened and great. Fast service, waiters all working together and the selections and food are great!! Had lunch there twice and will be back for a third. This is a spin off from there larger one in Washington.

Visited May 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“No Muy Buen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I were passing by the area and saw the sign for the Hibachi Grill restaurant. But once we were there we decided that the Hibachi was too expensive, so we went to the little Mexican restaurant next door.

We were seated immediately and served chips, salsa and our drinks (pepsi and diet pepsi) immediately. The chips were good (after I added salt) but of the two different kinds of salsas we were served, only one was good, with onions and cilantro. The other salsa looked like tomato sauce and didn't have any flavor.

We always like to order one meal and share. This is due to the fact that most meals at restaurants are super huge, and we always get full with just one meal. So we ordered the steak tacos al carbon. They are just plain steak tacos with pico de gallo on the side, served with rice and beans. The plate comes with 3 tacos, I ate one and my husband ate two. The tacos were pretty good but we have had better (Taco Cabana in Texas), and the rice and beans were just your run-of-the-mill stuff, just to fill up the plate imo. We paid $13 for the one meal and 2 drinks.

Bottom line: the meal wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good enough for us to come back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hubby and I decided to try the new Mexican restaurant in the Sara Way shopping center in Bell Vernon. Wow, what a delight. When we entered , we were seated immediately and greeted with a friendly smile from our waiter. We had chips and salsa while we ordered our choice of food from the menu. Our drinks came immediately, and we ordered our plates. I had a cheese enchilada, meat taco, refried beans and rice with a salad of quacamoli, shaved lettuce, cut up tomatoes, and cheese! Wow, everything was so delicious and very filling.My husband had the same. We were so full when we left, but decided to order 4 meat tacos to take home for a snack later on. I highly recommend you try this place. You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2012