“The Best Mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Pennsylvania
“The Best Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Newly opened and great. Fast service, waiters all working together and the selections and food are great!! Had lunch there twice and will be back for a third. This is a spin off from there larger one in Washington.

Visited May 2012

Fort Myers, Florida
“No Muy Buen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I were passing by the area and saw the sign for the Hibachi Grill restaurant. But once we were there we decided that the Hibachi was too expensive, so we went to the little Mexican restaurant next door.

We were seated immediately and served chips, salsa and our drinks (pepsi and diet pepsi) immediately. The chips were good (after I added salt) but of the two different kinds of salsas we were served, only one was good, with onions and cilantro. The other salsa looked like tomato sauce and didn't have any flavor.

We always like to order one meal and share. This is due to the fact that most meals at restaurants are super huge, and we always get full with just one meal. So we ordered the steak tacos al carbon. They are just plain steak tacos with pico de gallo on the side, served with rice and beans. The plate comes with 3 tacos, I ate one and my husband ate two. The tacos were pretty good but we have had better (Taco Cabana in Texas), and the rice and beans were just your run-of-the-mill stuff, just to fill up the plate imo. We paid $13 for the one meal and 2 drinks.

Bottom line: the meal wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good enough for us to come back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hubby and I decided to try the new Mexican restaurant in the Sara Way shopping center in Bell Vernon. Wow, what a delight. When we entered , we were seated immediately and greeted with a friendly smile from our waiter. We had chips and salsa while we ordered our choice of food from the menu. Our drinks came immediately, and we ordered our plates. I had a cheese enchilada, meat taco, refried beans and rice with a salad of quacamoli, shaved lettuce, cut up tomatoes, and cheese! Wow, everything was so delicious and very filling.My husband had the same. We were so full when we left, but decided to order 4 meat tacos to take home for a snack later on. I highly recommend you try this place. You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great authentic Mexican at good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went to Old Mexico the other day with friends who had recommended it to me for awhile. The people I went with are regulars, and were happily welcomed by one of the waiters when we entered the restaurant. We ordered some margaritas, which were delicious, cheap and strong. They give you chips and salsa for free while you wait for your food, which is a nice touch at most good Mexican places. I ordered the letter "K" menu item, which included an enchilada, taco, bean salad and one other thing I can't remember. Regardless, it was all delicious and my plate was clean within minutes! I tried the flan for dessert and it was also excellent. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza so it doesn't look like much, but give Old Mexico a try if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Consistent and valued right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I have been to Old Mexico a few of times over the last two months and find the experience to very consistent. The menu has a good selection and the pricesare very reasonable. Food quality is good and the service is very responsive. It's a nice outing for a couple to enjoy good food and conversation.

• Visited February 2012