“Overpriced, small but clean rooms, staff was not great” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Cleveland, Ohio
“Overpriced, small but clean rooms, staff was not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I am very shocked that this hotel charges $100 a night. We had a tiny room-nothing special about it, it felt new and clean though. The in room microwave did not work.
At check in the girl barely acknowledged me and wouldn't even listen to my questions about the wedding group we were staying with and the shuttle sign for it that was on the desk. Another employee walked up and she cut me off mid-sentence to talk to him about his plans for the night. It was odd.
Check out was at 11 and at 10:30 there was not a front desk employee to be found. I waited there 7-10 minutes til someone finally showed up and got my bill for me to sign so I could leave. As I was eating breakfast around 9 I watched a man stand there waiting and he became quite angry as the minutes ticked by and no one showed. He finally stormed off.
The pool is the smallest one I have ever seen. No exaggeration. I'm not sure why they even bothered to build it, maybe 2 or 3 young kids would have fun in it for few minutes but I cannot imagine an adult in it or more than a few kids in it at a time.
Even the in room coffee maker is very small, only makes one cup.
The breakfast was very nice and much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
INCAAM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for your review, the feedback we receive from our guests aids us in improving our services. I’m sorry to hear that the accommodations were less than satisfying for you and to hear of the trouble you encountered during your stay. I truly apologize that our staff was not up to standard during your stay. Every guest should receive proper respect and attention during their stay with us, and I’m disappointed that this was not the case for you. If you should be in the area again please give us another chance to show you that we are better than this.

John M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waverly, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The comfort Inn is conveniently located next to I-70 in a quiet location that makes for a pleasant stay. It's very easy to find. The hotel staff are very friendly and courteous. The room are clean, roomy, and modern with refrigerators, microwaves and flat screen tvs. Very good continental breakfast. All room are moderately price making them a very good value. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Champaign
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

Not sure how we got here, but at 9pm on a Wednesday everything for 30 miles was booked. It was the last room available and it did its job. Hotel staff was friendly, rooms were standard and clean, and the breakfast was the normal Choice Hotel breakfast. Good experience and would stay there again for one night.

• Stayed June 2011
INCAAM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for the kind review; we are committed to our guests’ satisfaction. I’m glad you found us and we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you’re in the area.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed here twice in June 2011 while visiting family in the area.. Nice, clean room. Great breakfast with waffles, bagels, cereal, sausage, etc. I will stay again next time I'm in town. And yes, Breck at the front desk was great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
INCAAM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for the kind review. We recently updated our breakfast, so it is nice to receive the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town, and hope that we will exceed your expectations during that stay. We know that you have choices and we are pleased that you have chosen us. As always, we remain committed to providing excellent customer service for you and all our guests.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

its rundown, the windows dont open, and it worth 60 a night , NOT 90$. what a typical
Penn. rip off. Dont stay in Penn,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
INCAAM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
I understand your position, and respect your opinion.

Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stay at this property at least twice a year because I have family in the area. The hotel is clean and Breck, at the front desk is awesome. He is very friendly and customer service oriented.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
ComfortInnPA582, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for the kind review, Breck was especially appreciative of your opinion of him. I hope that you will continue to stay with us, as we look forward to every opportunity we are given to satisfy our guests. We know that you have choices and we are pleased that you have chosen us. We remain committed to providing excellent customer service for you and all our guests.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed in a suite - very large with refrigerator, desk and table and chairs. The room was clean and nicely decorated. I normally don't stay in Comfort Inns but it was close to where I needed to be. The TV channel selection was very limited and my TV had horrible reception. Other than that, I really liked the room. The breakfast was free and was actually pretty good. I had a waffle, eggs and sausage. Overall a nice place to stay. I would stay here again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
INCAAM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for the kind review; we are committed to our guests’ satisfaction. Based on your comments I can see that you stayed with us while our cable provider was in the process of upgrading in order to comply with Federal mandates. This process left our hotel with limited channels for a period of time. This work is now complete and as a result we now have a wonderful selection of channels.

John M.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!