“Bed Bugs!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Town House

Motel Town House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bedford
Motel Town House
You added Motel Town House to your Saves list
200 South Richard Street, Bedford, PA 15522   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bedford
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Bed Bugs!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

There was only one car in the parking lot and that belonged to the woman working there; that should have been a clue. The room wasn't very clean, and smelled of curry. The outlet behind the 'fridge didn't work. The pink and green bathroom looked like Miami Beach threw up in there, but none of that was a deal breaker. That was the next morning when we found bedbugs!

Stay away!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed overnight on a road trip with our two year-old son, we needed a place to crash for the night and did not want to spend a lot. I had researched Bedford and it looked like a really cute town for a stop and we much prefer to patronize local mom-and-pop motels if available than a chain on the highway. We pulled in at 10:30PM on a Tuesday night and I rang the bell for the office. After a while, a teenaged boy appeared at the window and either could not hear or understand me well when I repeatedly said I needed one room for one night for two adults and a child. He disappeared without saying anything and after standing out in the cold for a while longer (I almost left), a man let me into the office. He seemed irritated but gave me a room key and charged me without saying more than three words to me.

The room was large and functional, was not updated but was clean. I don't know if the wall unit did not work or was only AC but there was a space heater to keep us warm, it worked fine but with a toddler made me nervous to have on the floor. The bathroom did not have heat so was a little chilly but the shower did have great water pressure.

What also was strange is that, although there was one other car in the entire parking lot, the room above us was soon occupied by a loud group of people. We could not believe that of the whole building, they gave another party the room directly above us. Fortunately we were all exhausted and passed out.

When I checked out in the morning, I was looking forward to a cup of coffee (I spotted a coffee maker upon check-in) but at 9:30AM the door was locked and I had to ring the bell and stand out in the cold for a while yet again. The same teenager came to the door, opened it a crack and took my key without a word.

In summary, if you need a clean place to sleep for a few hours and want to spend $50, go for it. Just don't expect any luxuries or ANY customer service! Personally I wish we would have gone back to one of the other little motels we passed along the way instead.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is clearly a low-budget, no frills type of place. Clean, spacious rooms but very dated. Located right in the heart of town. If you're afraid of the odd stain here and there, stay away. If you need low-cost place to simply rest your head for one night, it's fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is not a modern hotel -- it's an older building that has not been renovated, so don't expect it to feel up to date. But the rooms are spacious, clean, and functional -- everything worked, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was big. It's a great location right in the center of town, as opposed to being out near the highway among the gas stations like a lot of the chain hotels. It's a two block walk to a great coffee shop. The family who runs the place is responsible and professional.

Most important: it's VERY reasonably priced. We got a block of rooms for $40/night each, and that's hard to beat. Anyone who complains about this hotel at $40 a night is not being realistic in their expectations.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Although the room was decent and the bathroom was large with plenty of counter space, some of the room furniture was broken and there was mold in the bathtub grout. The towels were threadbare and the tub was slippery with no mat. I didn't mind the general room condition, though. Unfortunately, the motel office was usually empty, as was the coffee pot. There is no Continental breakfast, as the website touts. The owner did not have a good grasp on the English language, and communication was difficult. I would not stay there again, but kept fantasizing ways of making it a much better motel for the public - especially in that prime location near historic downtown Bedford.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Motel Town House exceeded my expectations because of their low price. The room we stayed in was clean and the service was really good. The lady that worked there was very friendly and accommodating. The area was pleasant and serene and it was very close to the turnpike. I would definitely recommend this motel. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Stourbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We booked in here after pretty poor night at a motel up the road (not going to say where but Budget doesn't cover it) when we used Bedford as a base for going to Fallingwater. The guy at reception let us see the room and the first impression was good. Nice, comfy big beds, good size room, fridge, great bathroom and a really pleasant location - in the town but quiet, giving you the opportunity to sit outside on a nice bench and watch people go by. Bed was comfy - ground floor location meant we were a bit cautious about leaving window open when we slept but got the impression we were just being paranoid. No sign of breakfast but were able to have our fill at the fantastic Green Harvest Company on East Pitt Street. Wished we'd carried on driving that little bit off the Interstate the night before and gone to this motel first. Great sign also.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel Town House? Share your experiences!