“Are you sure we're in central PA?!?” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2138 Business Route 220, Bedford, PA 15522   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Bedford
Greensburg, PA
“Are you sure we're in central PA?!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay at Bedford Springs. We had the best time! We booked the eternal indulgence package and found it to be a superb deal; we felt that it included everything we wanted. The spa was amazing - it is a must do! The food was delicious - we ate at the crystal room for breakfast and dinner. We loved our room, on the 3rd floor in the spa wing. It was clean and very spacious! Loved the porch, too. Both pools were beautiful. We would love to visit again and give the Omni Bedford Springs the highest marks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
We are thrilled to hear that the Eternal Indulgence Package had just the right components to provide you and your husband with a great stay at The Omni Bedford Springs Resort. Many thanks for reviewing your stay and we also hope you will visit again soon!

1,492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

The Omni Bedford Springs Resort is a lovely place to go to escape for a few days. The drive from DC is easy, mostly all highway, and takes about two hours without traffic. The resort has been renovated and expanded from its original days, and the new spa wing rooms are large and well appointed. There is golf, outdoor and indoor (spring-fed) swimming, a beautiful spa facility, hiking and near-by fishing. There are historic sites and interesting towns in the area for those who want to go off the grounds. The food is very good, and there are a number of restaurants to choose from. The staff is helpful, pleasant and works hard to please. There is a resort fee, but most large hotels seem to have one these days. This is a nice place to have a reunion, celebrate an anniversary or a birthday, or just get some R & R.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Bedford Springs is in such a convenient location to escape the hustle and bustle of DC and we are delighted that you had the opportunity to stay with us. We appreciate all of your kind comments and thank you for taking the time to share them online.
Lancaster County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We’re in the middle of a stay celebrating our anniversary, and we're very happy with our choice of this resort for this special occasion. The hotel was renovated and updated a few years ago, and I don’t see how it could have been done more tastefully. It's remarkable that, although everything is fresh and pretty, the hotel still retains the feel of a grand old hotel of a certain era. This one surely has history in its bones, and that history has been well-preserved in the décor. It’s wonderful.

Our stay was a package deal that included a delicious breakfast in the elegant Crystal Dining Room. We chose to have other meals in the casual Tavern which has all kinds of historical items on display from the early days of the hotel. The service in the restaurants was fine, the valets were pleasant, front desk staff efficient and informative. In fact, every staff member that we passed greeted us. The staff is well-trained to make guests feel welcome.

The location is in a “knife-cut” through the mountains. The scenery is lovely. Our room was in the newly added spa section, and we enjoyed being out on our porch that faced the front lawn of the hotel. The landscaping is pretty and well-tended. We enjoyed our hikes on the trails that start right across from the hotel, our visits to the little town of Bedford and just walking around the grounds of the hotel.

The room and bathroom décor was as good as at any hotel we’ve been in. Our one complaint about the layout of the room is one that regards ease of use of any electric device that you might need to plug in near the nightstand, for instance a C-PAP machine. There is no available outlet on the wall where the bed is. You would have to move a very large, heavy bed to get to it. My husband wound up stringing an extension cord across an area that is in a path to the bathroom . Not exactly a safe or convenient arrangement. It’s an important factor that should have been considered in the design of the room.

In spite of this one small problem, we loved our stay, would return here in a minute, and highly recommend it for any special occasion or just for a great time away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary at The Omni Bedford Springs. It sounds as if you had a fabulous stay and we appreciate that you took the time to share your comments online. We do apologize that there wasn't a convenient outlet for your C-PAP machine and if you do decide to return we would be happy to work with you to see if we can make better arrangements to accommodate the machine. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I grew up in Bedford and my mother worked at the Bedford Springs Hotel for many years. I also worked there during my summer breaks from college in the late 80's. I was very excited to be a guest and to take my husband for a weekend get-away. The service, meals, and accommodations were exceptional! Our only even somewhat unpleasant encounter with a staff member, was when we requested a later check-out time (by an hour) on the morning of check-out, and we were met with disapproval from the man at the front desk. He did grant the request however. Other than that, everything was fantastic! Shannon, in 1796 is a wonderful server. We would definitely request to sit at one of her tables again. Stephen in the Tavern was extremely busy Saturday during lunch but was able to accomodate us when we asked to be moved from a table that was situated over an air vent. He was more than courteous and helpful. Kudos to your staff. We will be back. We hope to enjoy the spa and the outdoor pool the next time. Thank you for restoring the grandeur of the Bedford Springs Hotel. It far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
It is such a pleasure for us to hear from our guests that have worked or stayed with us in the past and that now have a deep appreciation for the restoration of the property. We are so glad that you were able to bring your husband to our resort for a getaway and we will be sure to share your many compliments with Shannon, Stephen and the rest of our associates. Thank you for your review and we hope to have you back again in the near future!
punxsutawney pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I am not a picky traveler and oftentimes when I read reviews, I think: lighten up. But I had 2 issues with this resort. If you are like me and don't like valet service, be careful. the hotel has no clear communication for valet service. So you can park your own car, but you will be chastized. I am a black and white kinda guy: either tell me that I can valet my own or I cant, but dont tell me it doesn't matter and then give me major attitude when I choose to park my own car. I hate to say this, but it was management that I heard badmouthing me when I got to my room ( which was right above the valet drop off). yes I could overhear 2 floors away with my window open the manager complaining about me. (Her staff gave me a look like we know shes a jerk, welcome to our world) Problem number 2: the omni site advertises weekend special rates starting at 125.00. I called at the beginning of the year and said that I can travel any date in 2010 and wanted to get that rate. But they bait and switched... the best rate they could get me (again i could go any date in 2010) was over 200.00. thats called bait and switch. the reservation attendent told me... yes i know there are no 125 rates and customers complain all the time. She clearly understood my issue and took many calls on the same issue. She gave me the number for the corporate management who basically told me. sorry, but he could do nothing... i asked him to then take the 'special;' off the site...it is still there a month later... I hate bate and switch. beautiful yes... attitude, yes. The hotel did not respond to either of my written concerns regarding the issues... I guess they are stuffy enough and full enough that I don't matter... my guess, you won't matter either.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
It is very disheartening for us to read a review such as this one and regret to hear of this guest's experience. We make all efforts to provide clear and accurate information to anyone interested in our property. We frequently review our online information for accuracy and if we hear of anything misleading we immediately correct the information. In addition, we try to make all members of our management available to deal with any issues while the guest is still on property and apologize that in this case we were not able to make amends before the guests departure. We do greatly appreciate this feedback as we are always open to guest feedback on how can improve.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The grounds are just wonderful. And the restored buildings are even nicer! The Springs has tremendous history and beautiful accomdations. Everything is equisitely put together. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The hiking trails were most enjoyable.

We plan on going again. It is a short trip from Pittsburgh

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you were able to escape Pittsburgh and enjoy an anniversary getaway to The Omni Bedford Springs Resort. It's sounds as if you had a very enjoyable stay and we will look forward to your next stay with us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Nearly everything about our stay was perfect. My husband raved about the galf course, and I loved the spa--services, facilities, all delightful. Our meals ranged from pretty good (watery salad dressing at Tavern) to excellent (1796 dining room). Our room was in the historic wing and very, very comfortable--wonderful beds, large and luxurious bathroom, very quiet. No view, but we reserved fairly late and were quite satisfied.

So, what was less than perfect? As members of Omni's loyalty program, we are a little spoiled. We were promised nightly turndown service (which we got 1 night out of 3), daily newspaper (1 out of 3, and only when we pointed out the missing paper), and daily complimentary morning beverage service (2 out of three--an improvement!). When we called on Day 2 to report the missing amenities, the Loyalty Ambassador sent us a lovely note and a nice tray of sweets, but the slip-ups continued. At checkout, the desk clerk apologized for the missing amenities and said that the hotel had been completely full and had an unusual number of guest reward members. So, shouldn't they be prepared for that?

All in all, we had a lovely time and very much want to return. But a little more attention to detail is in order.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Please accept our apologies for not fully executing the benefits of our Select Guest Program. You are correct that even with a full house we should be prepared to provide each guest with all of the amenities. We are reviewing our processes with our team to make sure that we do not run into a similar occurrence in the future but in the meantime we apologize for dropping the ball. We do appreciate that you took the time to also share all of your positive feedback and we hope you will be back again soon.

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!