“Wonderful, relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2138 Business Route 220, Bedford, PA 15522   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bedford
“Wonderful, relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Only stayed here one night (hard to get babysitters for two young children), but it was wonderful! Very relaxing. Ate at 1796, which was excellent. Would definitely return, preferably for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by my visit to Bedford Springs Resort. The property is gorgeous and the rooms are very comfortable. The best part of the trip? The spa. Amazing. In fact, I could go for a dip in the springs right now...

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Omni Bedford Springs. We are glad you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a long weekend at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort. The resort is a living breathing museum of American history dating back to 1796 with modern rooms, fantastic restaurants, a great SPA experience, and most importantly excellent customer service.

We ate every meal on-site at the hotel and found the 1796 Room food to be the best, closely followed by The Crystal Room. The Crystal Room breakfast buffet selection was amazing. I've eaten in hotel restaurants all over the world and I'd say my dining experience at the Bedford overall ranks in the Top 3 on my list.

The surrounding hiking trails (I don't golf but they do have an 18 hole course) were a great experience as well. I can't find any faults with our trip with the exception of 2 minor things; we did have to wait 20 minutes to check in to our room and the Frontier Tavern food was good but doesn't compare to the other resort restaurants.

Definitely looking forward to a return stay with the kids in tow sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed taking a step back in time at the Omni Bedford Springs. Thank you for sharing all of your kind words and we look forward to having your whole family stay with us soon.
Wilmington, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

HOTEL
I stayed at the Omni Bedford Springs for a mid-week getaway in the last week of March. The hotel is gorgeous inside and not at all a typical "box" resort. The room was modern, clean and up to date. The balcony looked out on the golf course but it was too cold to sit outside and relax with a book and glass of wine. We did take a quick hike through the grounds but nothing extensive due to the weather.

Because it was spring break there were a ton of children under the age of 10 there. It was almost impossible to find a quiet spot to sit and read or relax without the shouting of kids. The indoor pool was really nice, but loud, since it was indoors and the kids were playing. I'm not anti-kid... just pro-quiet when I'm relaxing.

FOOD
The food at the hotel, in my opinion, was horrible. The meatloaf sandwich at the Tavern seemed like a boxed version I could get in a grocery store. The upside to that meal were the chips - only thing worth eating. I also ordered a brownie sundae one night to celebrate my birthday and the brownie itself was hard as a rock and flavorless. I wouldn't bother with the food there. Too expensive, for nothing great.

There is a place about 10 minutes from Omni called Horn O' Plenty which is a farm-to-table "freshtaurant" with good prices and BYOB. They own a farm in the area and use their fresh produce to make all of the meals. I ordered the chicken pot pie and it was made right on the spot while I waited. It's a bit of a longer wait but so totally worth it. I dream about how delicious all of the things were. DEF GO HERE FOR EATS.

SPA
I visited the spa once during my trip and got the Peppermint Lavender body scrub which I thought was incredibly overpriced (at $150). I chose this scrub, out of the many offered, because I thought it would be a great fragrance and make my skin tingly. During the hour, I didn't once smell anything peppermint or lavender and she barely scrubbed me. It was really disappointing. My husband had gotten a pedicure though and loved it! The aromatherapy steam room (eucalyptus) was amazing and probably my most favorite part of the spa.

Overall, I would definitely come back again if I was offered another Groupon deal in the summer months. It would be more fun to have access to all the hiking trails during good weather along with the outdoor pool and golf. But I still wouldn't eat there... too much money, not enough delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to read all of your feedback from your stay at the Omni Bedford Springs. We loved hearing what you liked about the resort but also appreciate the opportunity to understand how we can improve our services. We are happy to say that we have revisited the menus in all of our restaurants and if you return we think you will enjoy our new selections. We would like to apologize that your Body Scrub wasn't what you were expecting. If you return, please don't hesitate to let us know what you are hoping for in a treatment so that we can make sure we are meeting all of your expectations. Thank you again for all of your comments and we hope to have you as our guests again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend. It was a wonderful and relaxing experience. The staff always greeted us and made sure we were comfortable. The turn down service was a nice surprise. We took full advantage of the Spa. This was an amazing experience. The staff was professional and went out of their way to make you comfortable. Our only minor issue was the shower head in our bathroom. It made an awful noise and it was not the best shower. This is minor though. We are already planning our next visit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend at the Omni Bedford Springs so much that you plan to return. If you return, please let us know if there is any issue, no matter how small and we will be happy to address it for you. Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough about the staff at the omni Bedford springs! The resort is gorgeous and the rooms are very charming. This was our first stay and it was better than we expecting. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel stay was a fabulous getaway place. Very relaxing atmosphere. I loved the historic aspect of the hotel. Was absolutely great that it was brought back to life and retained so much historical value. I loved watching the inroom video about the restoration - was very interesting and great to see in this time of throwing away things and building modern hotels. I loved the spa treatments and service was great. The room, albeit very far from the front desk, was very clean and comfortable. The overall experience of the stay was beyond my expectations. I am recommending this to all my girlfriends for a great spot to have a getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!