As a huge fan of Omni, this jewel of their property crowns was a huge disappointment. Service is uneven; leading me to conclude that the accolades and praise heaped on the resort have resulted in complacency when it comes to service. First, the good: Amazing restoration to a historic property from the exterior of the building to the furnishings and design elements in the public spaces. The quality of food at the restaurants is exceptional: I had an amazing dinner and breakfast at the Crystal Room (a delightful Eggs Benedict...highly recommended). The not so good: As an Omni Select Guest, I have become accustomed to receiving an email from the loyalty manager the day prior to my arrival. That did not happen and perhaps would've allowed me to take advantage of the spa and other resort activities (i.e., more revenue for the resort). I can respect the fact that an early check-in is not always possible, but I do expect that a room is available at the agreed upon time of 3 pm. Although Colleen at the front desk was able to find something for me, I don't feel that I should have to be assertive in this regard. Really, I don't care for excuses. If you can't turn rooms around by 3 pm, then you need to adjust the time to 4 pm. Turndown service? Nope. But, by far the worst part of the trip was the horror that is the valet situation. One should not have to wait 25 minutes for the car and then not receive even a cursory recognition of appreciation as extended to other guests (someone lost out on the generous tip in my hand as my car was just left sitting while the staff ran around spitting saliva on the sidewalk). I raise no issue with the prices, but it is imperative that the property deliver on its promises and work a little harder on customer service. Seriously, this was an Omni?
- Also Known As:
- Omni Bedford Springs Hotel Bedford
- Omni Bedford Springs Hotel
- Bedford Springs Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located within a two hour drive of Washington, DC and Pittsburgh, PA the Omni Bedford Springs is the ideal destination for rejuvenation. The resort recently completed a $120 million restoration and features 216 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites. This historic resort boasts the number one golf course in Pennsylvania, the 30,000 square foot Springs Eternal Spa, 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, 5 restaurants, two pools, 25 miles of hiking trails and a variety of other on-site activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Omni Bedford Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.