“a real treat” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Pizza, Organic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are professional farmers planting, growing, harvesting/raising real, fresh food from our organic farm three miles away from our freshtaurant. We work with many small farmers in Bedford County & Surrounding counties to bring the best each season has to offer. Our main purpose is to share the tasty foods of our region and to recognize our hard working farmers who produce on this precious land.
Hudson, Ohio
“a real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Both of my adult children and I were quite impressed by this simple place that builds its changing menu on what is locally available and fresh. We started with tomato basil soup, grilled vegetables and jalapeno slaw. All 3 dishes were excellent. The moussaka is a delicious variation of the moussaka I had had in the past. We could taste every ingredient and the flavors really worked together. And I would love the recipe for the refreshing cucumber drink!

Our waiter was a pleasant and efficient young man, service was prompt, and the unassuming atmosphere is just plain comfortable. I shall certainly return here on my next trip to Pa.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vermont
“Sustainable Agriculture at its finest!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Me and my wife stopped in at Horn O' Plenty while visiting my family near Bedford, Pa. We could not have been happier! Everything was amazing. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the food, (we split a pizza topped with chicken and an heirloom tomato salad) was really tasty and perfectly prepared. The best part is, everything made in the restaurant is local! We were very impressed with our waiter who seemed to know the ins and outs of the restaurant and organic food in general. He was very professional and made the night even more enjoyable. The entire staff is incredibly friendly in fact. Everything was just perfect. We cannot wait to stop by the area again and eat at Horn O' Plenty!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Island City, New York
“The worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The worst place ever... First of all, I don't understand how this place even got a good review. Food was bland, very oily ( we had sirloin steak dinner and pizza). We sat almost an hour before the food was served. Steak was overcooked, dry, cold. Pizza was drenched in oil. When the check arrived, we noticed price on the check was lot higher than the one listed on their "tablet" menu. The server gave us the excuse that they had to use filet mignon because they ran short on sirloin, so they had to charge us extra! They should have asked us first before changing our orders on their own and on top of that, they have the nerve of charging us extra. Will never go back, this place gives bad rep for the Bedford town. This place dose not even deserve one star.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Pennsylvania
“Can't Wait to Go Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spent a Friday afternoon at the Horn O Plenty. We tried the fire roasted sourdough pizza. It looked lovely and tasted even better than it looked. Most places have the cheese carry the taste of the pizza but theirs had a good balance of yellow tomatoes, green peppers, onions and basil. The tastes worked together without the cheese dominating. For dessert we had a carrot muffin and the bread pudding. I can still smell the muffin spices. My husband has tried many types of bread pudding and theirs is unique and delicious. The local produce from farm to table tastes great. It's nice to know where your food comes from.
The service was friendly and prompt.
I want to get back soon and try some of the other dishes.
They are just a street over from the main highway and easy to find in the old Wolfsburg area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Farm to Table Tastiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My hubby and I were in Bedford, PA, for a Dermatology meeting. We were staying at the Omni, but we weren't blown away by the restaurant options. We decided to venture into the town, and I'm so glad we did! We ate at Horn O Plenty twice over one weekend, and everything we had was delicious. The change the menu all the time to reflect what is available locally. Highly recommend for dinner or brunch! Don't forget to bring a nice wine, it's BYO.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere