“Terrible place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Bedford
Warren, Michigan
“Terrible place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

This is a terrible hotel. I don't know who wrote one of the reviews that says it's quite--it is right on the main road and if you are staying in one of the small outside rooms the turnpike is directly behind you. It was dirty. The smallest room I have ever been in (one queen bed). They allow dogs and knew that we were bringing 2 cocker spaniels--there was not enough floor space to set up two medium dog crates. The towels were thin as rags-I was warned ahead of time so I brought my own. The sheets had hair all over them. I slept in my clothes until I got the maid to give me clean sheets and changed them myself. No clean blankets or spreads were available. The room smelled bad so I had to run the a/c at all times and went out to the store to buy air freshener spray and one of the battery operated gizmos that continuosly sprays. The breakfast was cereal from a bin or a box of packaged donuts and two loaves of bread. Blech! My family had two other rooms there as well. In one the clothes rack fell off the wall, the toilet paper holders were falling off and the blankets had holes in as well as the box springs. There is an unused building with old hotel room in that has a lower level and a bar in it that is a scary sight. They allow pets but there is no place to walk them! One spot of grass out front along a busy road and other than that there is a gravel area with a road leading to the lower level bar that is closed off by debris and you can walk your dogs there. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!.. I'm sure the only business they get is overflow from when there are no other hotels available. I will sleep in my car before I ever stay here again and would recommend you do the same.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Dirty linens, dirty room, smallest room I've ever seen.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
newjersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

I think this was really a nice place because it was very clean & reasonably priced. In town with every other hotel around, this hotel was away from the main road so there was no noise of any traffic & a bette vie than other hotels. Clean, comfortable room with all you can expect from ECONOLODGE was there. Infact, there is a restaurant & a nice bar also on premises but no effect of any kind of noise. The breakfast was too much for the price ( hot breakfast with variety of stuff & fruits). The management is doing really a great job to take a good careof this place. I wil highly recommend this place to all travellers because we were very happy with the service & cleanliness.

• Liked — most comfortable & clean beds. Bar & reaturant & location
  • Disliked — walkway carpet
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Coloma MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2006

We stayed just overnight....the room was small but clean and the price was right...staff was friendly. Continental breakfast was more than we had all week...fruit, cereal, delicious rolls, coffee, tea and juice....not just danish rolls thrown on a plate and a coffee pot. We would definitely stay again. Close to exit.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

We were really disappointed with this motel. There were pieces of cracker and crumbs in the dresser drawers. We (5 ) of us spent 5 days there (two rooms). The bed linens were never changed. The toilets and vanity areas (mirrors included) were never cleaned. The drapes over the air conditioner were very stained from the bottom half way up. There were cobwebs on the ceiling and on the walls. Also, the room was supposed to be non-smoking and it smelled of old smoke. Probably a former smoking room that never had the carpet or drapes changed. We were charged $74.00 a night. It was a rip- off.

Stayed May 2006
baltimore, md.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

We stay at the Travelodge in Bedford because they allow pets and we have two dogs. The rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The pet rooms are set up motel style in the rear of the property so as not to disturb other guests. I have no complaints and would return again.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!