“Great room for a great very reasonable price.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Bedford
Chateaugay
“Great room for a great very reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed for 5 days and will return as we visit our son in Bedford. We had a smoking room which is a great plus as many hotels treat you as if you have the plaque. The room had a double bed, was clean, had wifi, had a mini fridge, did not have any bad odors and met all our needs. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and had no problem finding our reservation. We had an outside room and our car was right in front so we could load and unload easily. It didn't have a coffee pot so I bought one which was still alot cheaper than any other hotel around. It's not fancy but if you need a good, clean place to stay at a reasonable rate, this is the place.

Room Tip: Choose an outside room if you're staying for more than a day..it's like a little cabin feeli...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We booked this reservation with TSP on-line. When we tried to check-in on Jan 21. they stated we had no reservation and refused to check their computer. After checking into another hotel nearby the person called my home over an hour later saying they found the reservation and to come back. The credit card was still charged and when I called the Relax Inn and Suites to obtain a credit they denied a charge and hung up on me.

Room Tip: Call and make sure they understand English and obtain a confirmation.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Marshall, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Nice clean rooms, with some amenities. plus a Denny's restaurant across the street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I found a special for $75/night, but I had to prepay. I figured it was one night and all I needed was a place to sleep and shower.......

Upon checking in, the room was small but clean. However after turning down the bedsheets, I discovered a long hair on the underside of one pillow, and several other body hairs between the sheets. I went down and asked for a new room or new sheets. I was given new sheets and to save time and hassle....changed them myself.

The bathroom was another story. The sink looked like it was on the verge of falling off the wall. The tub/shower had black mildew growing at the joints and the shower curtain was covered in mold/mildew.

The road noise wasn't an issue and, once in clean sheets, I slept very well. However the other factors make me strongly encourage any future travelers to spend the extra money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I was looking for a good hotel under $80 in the mid-point of our road trip back from NYC. After some online research, we found Bedford PA as a good mid-point, and a local owned hotel called Relax Inn on Hotel.com (there's only one review, and the reviewer gave 4 stars to her experience there. And the pictures on Hotel.com seemed very nice.) So we thought we should give it a try.

The price was great, rooms with one queen-sized bed was $50, with two queen-sized beds was $65. We chose a $50 room. (We found a piece of paper behind our door says for 1 person the room is $95, and for 2 people the room is $100! Guess we got a good deal.) When we arrived, it was 8PM, the sun wasn't completely set yet. The woman in the front desk checked us in, and gave us their free Wi-Fi access codes. Our room was on their second floor, the hallway have a strong, not very pleasant odor, and for some reason, they "forgot" to put the lights on, so I had to use my iPhone to guide the way! (They did turned the lights on later when we left the room to get some dinner.) When we open the door of our room, we were glad everything smells clean and fresh, no strange odor. Our room was small, but for a one night staying it was big enough for us. I am very sensitive with odor, so I am happy to report that our bed was clean and no strange odor at all. Our bathroom was very clean, too, they even provide a box of travel sized Aquafresh toothpaste on the counter, of course we took it with us. On their night stand, there's an ice bucket, and some nice surprises! -- Two bags of Cransons (dried cranberries) and two bags of Emergen-C drink mix. Maybe to most people that was nothing to brag about, but to us that was a healthy and nice extra on their part. There's coffee maker on the desk, but since my husband is very picky on his coffee, we never used it. The Wi-Fi worked great on his MacBook and my iPhone, but didn't work on my 8 years old PowerBook Mac, so I am not surprised when people reported the Wi-Fi didn't work for their computer.

On the hotel.com 4 stars review the woman said her room had a fridge and a microwave, but in our one-bed bedroom we didn't have them. We were a little disappoint but it was not the end of the world.

We went to Denny's for a late-night dinner. However, there's more choices to dine -- Bedford have a local dinner, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, and some other places to go for meal -- if you willing to explore. We didn't go to the bar next door affiliated with the hotel (Knight's Club & Bar) but we took a nice relaxed walk around the street before we returned to our hotel room.

Our room was across the street from Denny's, and closed to the busy PA Turnpike with heavy trucks passing by. I must admit even though the manager left messages on this site saying they uses sound proofed windows, I could still hear heavy trucks passing by from time to time. Since the air was a bit stuffy (I didn't think the window was openable) so we had to have AC running all night long. My husband didn't care a bit with the loud noise occasionally from the AC, or from the heavy trucks, but I did had some trouble falling asleep at first. However, after a while, I got so used to the noises and they did not bother me at all.

We checked out before we checked their "cafeteria" for some breakfast -- it just an area offered some cold cereal, danishes, muffins, milk and orange-juice like drink. We each had a small bowl of Raison Bran (They also offer Frosted Flakes), and the orange-colored drink as our free breakfast. We could go to Denny's for breakfast, but we rather save some money and wait until we got on the road for better place to dine.

Overall, we had some good experience with Relax Inn. We thought our room was a smaller version of a Holiday Inn hotel room, with 2/3 or even half of the price. We will staying again with Relax Inn if the price is still right.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
jerrid96
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We had an emergency while camping in Bedford County and needed a place to stay. It was almost 1am and went to the first chain we came to. We had a puppy with us and were informed we would have to take a smoking room. Our room backed the turnpike, in the building next to the bar, on a holiday weekend.

It was quiet, believe it or not. We did have the AC running, but even outside I noticed no noise. We had a room with two queen beds, and it was fairly small, but not miserably so, especially for one night. The room was clean and comfortable enough. No complaints.
And for a smoking room, I noticed no horribly bad odor like most smoking rooms.

My husband was a bit miffed, though, while checking in when he thought we would be dnied a room because we had a puppy. But after saying we had a crate for her, it was fine. We are pretty good about cleaning up after our dogs, so hopefully things were ok after we left. In case the owner reads this, we forgot to mention the wasps living on the end of the building. They didn't bother us, but should be taken care of.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011 via mobile

Very poor choose. Do not believe the other good reports. The owner must have published them.

• Stayed June 2011
p_nusbutter, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Sorry for inconvinience occured during your stay, although we are close to the PA TurnPike(yurnpike) we have 98% noise reduction & double pane glass window also they are very well sealed for the maximum noise reduction. If you would have ask for the different room we would be glad to change your room to Indoor corridoor. & all these reviews were 100% posted by real Guest & we do not encourage our family or friends to post the reviews for to gain ranks on this site, hence we are listed on lots of other third party websites(like priceline,hotwire,orbitz,expedia etc..), go check reviews there becuase you have to purchase a room to write a review.

And again sorry for any inconience that had occure during your stay and we will forword this issue to our maintanace personal.

Mike Patel

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!