“Excellent Prices and Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Mexican
Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Prices and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We live local and were thrilled when this place opened. We love Mexican food but hate to have to run to Altoona to find it. The food is great. I am a fan of the chimichangas! They are too die for. My boyfriend prefers the dinner combination where he gets 6 or 7 different items for less than $10. We love eating there. The staff is very friendly and attentive, quick to bring out the warm tortilla chips and the fresh made salsa. We get take out alot and when they do the take out order they still include a large bag of chips and plenty of salsa to eat at home. They have a great selection. If you live local, they often advertise in local papers with a buy one dinner (or lunch) and two beverages, get one dinner (or lunch) half price. Another thing we love, they are one of the few restaurants in Bedford open past 9 p.m. if you need to eat later at night. All in all probably my favorite place to eat in Bedford, and probably my favorite Mexican restaurant around the area. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bedford, Pennsylvania
“Favorite restaurant in Bedford!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Having been born and lived in Texas for many years, I absolutely love Mexican food. I was excited but hesitant when Azteca opened; however I can now say it is my favorite restaurant in town! The food is authentic and delicious and the wait staff is superb. Can't wait until they open their second restaurant near the turnpike, complete with margaritas!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“Ugh!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We'd been led to believe this was a hidden culinary secret, an oasis of solid Mexican eats just about where you would least expect it.

Well, I was raised on Mexican food and will walk on shards of glass to get it when it's done properly. At Azteca, all we got were the flavors of canned tomatoes and heavy doses of salt. Nary an iota of flavor beyond what you would expect from an MRE, and it took a real effort to come close to finishing it.

To top it off, although they have no liquor license and have been in business for well over a year, they don't allow you to bring your own beer or wine. I've been in Pennsylvania for years and never encountered this before.

Send your worst enemies here!

Visited May 2012
Marlton, New Jersey
“Authentic Mexican Food...in the middle of Bedford!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

From the minute you walk in the feel is authentic. The music, the decor, the salsa and the staff create a awesome atmosphere!

My wife and I were visiting Bedford and celebrating two nights for our anniversary at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort. We were looking for dining not so resort oriented. We found it at Azteca and could not have been happier! We have visited both sides of Mexico and this was the most authentic I have had outside of Puerto Vallarta.

The portions were huge and the bill was small! I got a chimichanga and my wife a beef burrito. The beans and rice served with the meal were equally as good as the meal itself. The deep fried ice cream was the ultimate topper to finish the meal. Not to mention the
service was superb.

Plug the address into your GPS and it will lead you directly to Lil Mexico!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good authentic Mexican food, large portions for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is in a small strip mall and not easy to find if you don't know your way around but was worth the drive to find it. The food is very good with generous portions. May not satisfy picky kids but the adults will love it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere