“Great Dinner Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Toronto
“Great Dinner Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were recommended to go to this restaurant. We ate downstairs in the old dining room. It was a good experience as the building is hundreds of years old. Good service, and atmosphere. The food was decent but standard pub/casual dining fare.

Visited May 2014

“Could Have Been Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I would have given this a 4...but the glaring problem I had was with the service. At this price point for an entrée - average $ is about $23-26 - I expected to have a server that understood fine dining. Shame on the Front End Manager and lack of training. We went there for Mother's Day on the Saturday before...it was noisey (not something they can control) and very dark - I had to get my flashlight app out to read the menu, but the service is what sticks out in my mind. I've never gone to a place where the server handed me drinks and food over top the people sitting at the table. Serving in a Hoss's or pizza shop would have been better suited for her. They substituted the vegetable and she never came out to tell anyone, it was just on the plates when it was served because we may have changed our minds about our selection. The salads were warm and wilted. Very disappointed in a place that I drove 3 hours to patronize and which looked highly recommended. I walked away thinking...it was an ok place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dillsburg
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We took my parents here for a 50th anniversary on 5/10/2014. I got the filet mignon and it was one of the best I ever had. Perfectly seared outside and juicy inside. The filet was about $30 with a salad and potato. Service was excellent and the bathrooms were very clean as well. You can tell whoever runs this place cares about it. You cannot go wrong here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pass it up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Tavern is trying to put itself across as fine dining and fails. The food is prepared by cooks and not chefs. Prices are fine dining level without the quality. The staff is wonderfully friendly and hardworking, just not up to the quality. They should stick to solid food at appropriate prices.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Another Place During D & L's Travels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great Place to 'go back in time'. To get a real feel of the 1700's eat in the dinning room (in the basement). First time my wife was there she loved it. I have been there many times. As much as my wife and I travel from Pgh. to Gettysburg we always pass it when on the turnpike. For years I have told her about it finally we was able to go. Great as always. Another great place is The Union Hotel in Everett to 'step back in time'. Both places are worth the little drive. My wife & I never waste our time/money on chain restaurants 98% of the time we are not disappointed.

• Visited April 2014