“Perfect Place to Stay in Bedford” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chancellor's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
The Chancellor's House
You added The Chancellor's House to your Saves list
341 S Juliana St, Bedford, PA 15522   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Bedford B&B and Inns
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Perfect Place to Stay in Bedford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I have made The Chancellor's House our home base for enjoying the pleasures of Bedford since 2008. Always a great time. Innkeepers are friendly and interesting to talk to. Accommodations and appointments are top notch. And you couldn't ask for a more convenient location. Shops, restaurants, museums are just outside the front door. Delicious breakfasts along with welcome wine and cheese too. If you want to treat yourself but don't want to break the bank by staying at the resort, you couldn't pick a better place. Thank you Steve and Lynn!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Daffodil Room the times we stayed and enjoyed it. Steve and Lynn did an outstandin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Springfield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Three old Army friends and their wives who gather annually to tell war stories and catch up with each other spent a wonderful two days at this Bed and Breakfast within walking distance of most of the attractions in Bedford, PA. If you haven't visited Bedford, you should. Its a delight - full of beautiful historical homes and historical sites dating from the French and Indian War. The Chancellor's House is a gem - spotless, beautifully appointed, and Innkeepers Steve and Lynn George are friendly, fascinating, and very knowledgable about the town and the area. Best B&B we've ever stayed in and we've slept in some very good ones over the years. Steve is an architect and Lynn designed the garden and prepared the outstanding breakfasts. They are very, very professional and a delightful couple to boot.

Room Tip: All three rooms are first class. We stayed in the larger Dogwood.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Perfection at every turn. We are three retired Army Lieutenant Colonels and our wives. We hold an October reunion every year in a different locale. This year was Bedford and the Chancewllor's House and it was one of our best choices. Our hosts, Steve & Lynn, were so very welcoming and helpful in planning our stay. Their home is the finest restoration of the home and grounds that I have seen... no detail was spared or compromised. The home is spotless. Then, there were the breakfasts. Served in the elegant dining room, Lynn amazed us with her wonderful selection of dishes; prepared flawlessly. I would strongly recommend Bedford as a vacation destination and give 5-Stars to the Chancellor's House.

Room Tip: All rooms are first-class.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My partner Eric and I were looking for the perfect place for a few days' getaway- and we found the perfect place in the Chancellor's House. Bedford is an easy trip from Pittsburgh, and a delightful town- full of history, great specialty shopping, and fantastic dining. Lynn and Steve, the owners are fantastic hosts- perfectly welcoming, intelligent, and true ambassadors for the Bedford area. The house and service were fabulous- everything from evening wine and cheese in the library to breakfast served on impeccable china...We couldn't be happier. We commend the George's for their unfaltering hospitality, and their ease of acceptance of us as guests in their home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My best friend and I wanted a peaceful, stress-free location to celebrate our milestone birthdays and discovered the Chancellor's House. Just 2 hours from Pittsburgh, it's an elegant 1870s home tended with loving care and filled with history. Innkeeper Lynn was away, but owner Steve George was a wonderful host, and chef Sally was amazing. Steve shared with us the history of the house, named for the Chancellor of the University of Pittsburgh. Our breakfasts were elegant, seasonal and delicious. And Steve's recommendations for restaurants and attractions were perfect. Lots of fine dining in little Bedford! Omni Springs spa was another highlight - we will definitely return next year!

Room Tip: The Dogwood Room had two separate beds with another tucked into the roomy closet. Perfect for a gir...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent two weeknights at the Chancellor's House. Although Lynn was out-of-town, Steve, the owner, made us feel right at home. Being former bed and breakfast owners, that's not always easy. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a very long and stressful summer, I needed to take some time that was "just for me". I have never really traveled alone before, so I did not want to stray too far from my Johnstown home. Finding the Chancellor's House B&B in Bedford was perfect! I was given a house tour by owner Steve George the week before my get away. I was able to see all the rooms and picked the one I liked the best. It was the smallest of the 3 rooms offered, but it was huge on charm! The bathroom is what "sold me" on this room! Sparkling clean with beautiful tile work in the shower and above the sink. Soft fluffy towels and beautiful white spa robes are provided for your comfort. The bed is like sleeping on a cloud!! The overall charm of the room was not to be out done by the charm of the owners themselves. A wine and cheese gathering with the other guests and Lynn and Steve was provided on the porch before going into town for dinner in the evening. The breakfast the next morning was perfect. Served on the china dishes that belonged to Steve's Mother, the attention to every detail made the meal special. Plenty of fresh brewed coffee, fruit bowls, home made zucchini bread and Lemon Ricotta Cheese Pancakes were served.... and the recipe for the pancakes was provided by Lynn!! I spent the afternoon walking around the shops of Bedford. A tour of the American Coverlet Museum, as suggested by Steve, was very nice and full of information. Before heading back home I took a drive to the Bedford Springs Hotel which was very impressive indeed, but in my opinion you could not get any kinder more attentive service that what was offered at the Chancellor's House! Many thanks to Lynn and Steve for sharing their gem of a home with me and making me feel so "at home" while I was there. I will be back!!
Maryann :)

Room Tip: Each room is different and wonderful on it's own. A bad choice cannot be made.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Chancellor's House? Share your experiences!