“Dirty, but Cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Bedford
Raleigh, NC
“Dirty, but Cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed at Hillcrest Inn, mainly because it was about 50% of the cost of other hotels in the area. Besides the stench of smoke in the common hallway, the room was not the worst we had seen. There was a microwave, refrigerator, and a/c unit in it. The room was pretty clean and we slept well. The only part that kind of grossed us out was the exit door and the smell of mold, but it is an exterior area. This hotel seems like it could be really much nicer with a little more money put into it. I would recommend this to you, especially if you just need a place to sleep on the cheap and you don't mind a little stench outside of your room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Lawrenceburg, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

All I ask is that a hotel/motel be clean and safe. Sadly, we didn't get either one during our brief stay. I can deal with out of date, tacky decor,...no problem. I can handle a room the size of a large broom closet. But I draw the line at filthy carpets, cigarette burns in the sheets (in a non-smoking room!), a barely lit parking lot, and a smelly air conditioner. The carpet was so dirty (not just stained,...but dirty) that I told my kids to leave their shoes and socks on and just lay on the top of the bed. By some miracle, there were no bugs in the bed or we would have simply slept in the car. The hallway to the room was so dim and seedy, I felt like I was in the middle of a bad 70's cop show.

If I hadn't had a reservation held with my credit card and had we arrived earlier than 2am, I would have left in a heartbeat.

We were out of the hotel by 630am,.........

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2005

We had a fine stay. Lots of nice people and help whenever needed. The food was good and the room was clean and smelled fresh.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
slrv61
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2005

No cribs, no breakfast as advertised. Dirty, in disrepair, smelly... DO NOT go here!!!

• Stayed February 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2003

This hotel is terrible, even by cheap motel standards. The towels are thin, there is no heat and very little hot/warm water.The guests were obnoxious and loud in the hall outside of our room at 6 am and the owner fought with them rather than asking them to respect the other guests.I wouldn't stay here again EVER.

Been to Hillcrest Hotel? Share your experiences!