“nothing gained, nothing lost..” 2 of 5 stars

Earn 2X Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bedford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marietta, Ohio
“nothing gained, nothing lost..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

i arrived in early afternoon, checking out at midnight...descent size parking lot easy to get a semi into...the girl at check in was nice but the best price I could get her down to was $100.00 i thought that was a little steep considering the time of the year and I would be staying only 10 hours and would not be able to take advantage of the breakfast...I assume it was the owne rthat was walking around behind desk he never looked at me or spoke..I am a diamond member and i was not offered any water or snack at checkin which is policy to give diamond members...I did ask for a snack and recieved it only then..i requested top floor but did not get that...the place is an older hampton but appears it was recently remodeled..room was clean and pretty average for a hampton...really nothing great or nothing bad here...I would probably try one of the other motels nearby on my next visit mainly because price was a little on the high end and service was a little on the low end ( esp. for a diamond member)...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed in October 2011 and was quite satisfied. One minute off Pennsylvania Turnpike, but didn't hear traffic and five minutes from town. Clean and good staff. Good for overnight traveling.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here Friday night, very nice room, we were travelling from Columbus, Ohio and checked in at 4PM. We went up to room to get settled in and were planning to drive to the town of Bedford for dinner, but we decided to take a quick nap. The beds were so comfortable we fell sound asleep! We watched a beautiful sunset over the mountains. We were on the second floor facing west. It was a very quiet room and no problem with traffic sound from the Penn Pike. We also enjoyed a fantastic breakfast with bisquits, eggs, belgian waffles, hot coffee w/ real creamers and other options included cereal, bagels, etc.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for room facing west toward the mountains, back side of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Definitely an Average Plus. You'll see Bedford's Hampton Inn from the Penn Pike (I-76) and, if you're in need of an easy stop to break your journey, this will do just fine. It's a 4-story Hampton with courteous staff and very clean common areas. The rooms are on the small side, but we found ours had all of the Hampton conveniences and again, very clean. The heat/ac was a bit of a challenge (why does it often boil down to 2 choices - too cold or too hot?) and we would have liked a newer mattress, but what with the usual Hampton pillow choices, nicely muffled sounds from hallway and surrounding rooms and generously sized bathroom, we were glad we took a break from driving and stopped here. In the morning we noticed the small, but lovely garden at the hotel's entrance and enjoyed a short walk around the well-kept lawn. Often times motels catering to road warriors don't bother with these extra touches -- just pave it all. The garden - and the Hampton waffle - got us in the right frame of mind for the rest of our drive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This stop was an unplanned quick stop. The room was nice and clean and bed was comfortable. Parking lot and lobby were also great with good lighting and clean. Not the fanciest or best Hampton Inn I have stayed at but overall very nice and a great place to stop. Close to the Penn Turnpike and easy to get to. There is a Dennys down the road and a few diners to eat at before getting back on the pike. I have some family in the Bedford area and would go back to the Hampton to stay next time I am through that way

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn Thursday night as a stop over on a road trip. We had a guaranteed late check-in, and they did not disappoint. The desk staff was very courteous. I observed her (as I waited to check in) assist another person without a reservation, find another hotel room in the area, as this hotel was completely booked. She was very polite, and seemed genuinely concerned about this traveller. As it was late, I was in need of a little snack - was disappointed to not see anything around except the standard coffee/tea table that is always out. No fresh fruit or cookies or popcorn like the Hampton Inn in Somerset. It is not a requirement but certainly a nice and welcoming touch after driving 7 hours in the rain. However, the room was very clean and well-appointed. Berakfast was a decent variety and the morning staff was also very nice, and had a smile for everyone. This hotel in Bedford was consistent with Hampton Inn -like standards which is why I like to book with this chain. I am never disappointed - and this hotel did not disappoint.

Room Tip: Very clean and quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed one night after visiting a nearby amusement park; I traveled with 3 grandchildren ages, 13, 10 and 9. The kids enjoyed the pool and thought it was an "awesome" place to stay. Not having to buy breakfast was worth the stay alone. The front desk staff was very always courteous,and upon our checkout, offered the kids a snack to take with them.

The only downfall for me - When I called in the reservation., I ask for a roll away bed however, I was advised that they could not accommodate that request. Nevertheless, we managed without one.

If I were in the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!