“holiday end of the line” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Beaver Falls

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Beaver Falls to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Beaver Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7195 Eastwood Road, PA Turnpike Exit 13, Beaver Falls, PA 15010   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Beaver Falls
Richmond, Virginia
“holiday end of the line”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is one of the former Holidome facilities built by Holiday Inn back in the 1970's, and this property is definitely a sad reminder of better days gone by . . . Though the indoor pool remains as an amenity, the hot tub is in poor condition, and the sauna/steam room has been removed . . . The decor is dated, and the public areas and hallways are shadowy and shabby . . . The overall feel and environment are just worn out and not clean, though the staff struggles to present an inviting and welcoming atmosphere . . . Major issues with air conditioning and housekeeping make for a less than comfortable or relaxing stay, and room rates are very high for such an undesirable location!

Room Tip: Avoid the back addition with king rooms . . . Ask for the upper level facing indoors!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Annie J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Beaver Falls, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Reb R,

Thank you for your review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I do apologize that we were unable to accommodate you and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Laurel, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our annual family reunion and stay at this holiday inn. This hotel is really showing its age and is in need of a full renovation. Aside from that, our main problem was with the leaky air conditioner. The air conditioning unit had a constant drip that must have been going on for days or weeks before we arrived because half of our carpet was soaking wet. Not only was it wet, but our room had a strong mildew odor. We thought about asking to switch rooms, but others in our family reported having no air conditioning at all. So we decided to suffer with the wet floor and mildew smell for the 2 nights we were there. We used our ice bucket to catch the drip and emptied it twice a day. I reported the condition of the room (141) to the front desk upon checkout;however, I am not sure I would hold my breath that they will do anything. We will be looking for a new hotel to stay in next year.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you bringing the air conditioner issue to our attention. It was directed to our maintenance department and they have been working on this to resolve the issue. We are sorry that you dealt with that during your stay. We hope that we get to see you again next year and can make sure you are cool and comfortable.

Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here overnight on a road trip. The price wasn't bad. The bed was comfortable, the TV was great, the Internet wasn't horrible and I got to sleep. The bad part... The place is old, yes, but I think they have maybe used that as an excuse not to maintain the details of the hotel (i.e. light switch covers with grime, rusted exhaust fan cover in bathroom, mismatched paint on wall). Despite these issues, I will stay again next time I pass through as it is familiar and convenient.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear AlexLindamood, Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback you have given and it has been passed on to our maintenance department. We appreciate your business and will be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip through Beaver Falls.

Reston, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First let me start by saying I do not complain about hotels very much. I expect them to be relatively clean and set up so that I can get a good night's sleep, I don't need frills, etc. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and polite, I can't say enough about them. The hotel has some nice amenities, though I didn't use any, like a bar/restaurant, pool/hot tub, meeting room. The building itself looks a little old, but is clean and looks like it has been updated at some point. Now to my big problem. The pool is in the middle of the hotel and about half the rooms in the hotel are interior rooms, so the window in those rooms is actually to the pool area. The hotel has two or three levels of rooms like this, with big balconies connecting to the upstairs rooms. I was at the hotel on a Saturday night just stopping in on a long trip and was given an interior room. Keep in mind, I said I don't need frills, just a good night's sleep. I went to bed around 10:30 and quickly noticed the kids and people in the pool were VERY loud. I had noticed the sign on the pool said it closed at 11:00, so I just laid there trying to sleep. At 11:05 I called the front desk to see what time the pool closed and the girl said they were keeping it open until 11:30 that night. I asked if she could then kindly ask that the people in the pool be a little quieter. I doubt she did because there was no change. Kids were screaming, adults were yelling at each other across the pool and I could hear many of their conversations. Unfortunately there were no other rooms available, or I would have moved. By the time everyone had left the pool area it was midnight. So, if you are looking for a hotel with lots of amenities, this could be your place. But if you're looking for a hotel to just get some sleep (shocker), make sure to ask for an exterior room and if there are none, keep going.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaver Falls, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Rachael C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I do apologize that some of the other guests kept you from a peaceful night sleep.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grove City, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

In the past week I have stayed in three hotels, in three states. The Holiday Inn was the most expensive of the three and in the worst shape. This hotel was niether clean or comfortable. The front desk staff was very pleasant and professional but that was the best thing about my one nght stay. The bed (King) was too soft and worn, the bathroom was nasty. The matt in the tub was filthy looking...I wore my sandals to shower to avoid stepping on it. There was an ajoining room and the door appeared to have been kicked in at some point. I didn't feel clean or safe here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Annie J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Beaver Falls, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience during your recent trip to our hotel. We always enjoy hearing good things about our staff. I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay and hope you will come back soon so we can show you we have taken your concerns seriously.
Sterling, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel to attend a friend's wedding nearby.
Customer service was nothing to write home about. Checked in fairly late, but being in the hospitality industry, I was amazed that I wasn't even greeted or welcomed when the front desk person "took care of me". After entering the room with my boyfriend, we noticed the bathroom door wouldn't even close all the way and the room appaeared to be very old and in desperate need of repair.
I had my parents meet us for breakfast in Casey's the next morning which was a terrible mistake. We waited in line staring at an empty room not sure why it took so long to be seated. Once seated, it took about 10 more minutes to get someone to take our order. Three of us ordered the buffet...please don't do what we did if your considering eating there. Paid about $8 or $9 to eat plain scrambled eggs since the "french toast" sticks were hardened and the one dish (still don't know what it used to be) was empty by 9:00 a.m. The staff seemed to be overwhelmed and we felt like we were bothering them.

When all said and done, I wouldn't stay there again even for the price. Oh, and the adult bookstore it's located next to is charming......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaver Falls, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Jess M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed on this visit with the condition of the room that you were given and experience upon check in. Rest assured that these issues will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to be looked into.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for a company meeting and everything was great, no problems. The room while dated was clean and fresh. Dinner in the bar was good with friendly service. Out meeting took place over two days and the meeting room was great and the food very nice. The company and I will choose this hotel again if/when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Annie J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Beaver Falls, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are glad you had such a great time. We will see you next time you are in town!

Been to Holiday Inn Beaver Falls? Share your experiences!